How To Add Outlook To Apple Mail?
Adding an email account to an email client is a simple and easy task to perform if you have experience in doing it. On this page, you’ll learn how to add Outlook to Apple Mail.
Like any other email, the Outlook.com email address allows you to send & receive emails and access your account from any email client. The Apple Mail email client is designed for the iOS and macOS devices by Apple Inc. Using this email client, you can write, reply, and organize your email accounts easily from your iOS or macOS device.
To know how to add your Outlook.com email account to Apple Mail easily, scroll down this page.
- Step 1: First, you have to check to make sure that you have an active Outlook email account.
- Step 2: Next, ensure that your Mac computer is connected to an active Internet connection to add Outlook to Apple Mail.
- Step 3: Gather your Outlook.com email account’s server settings if necessary.
Incoming And Outgoing Server Settings Of Outlook For Apple Mail
Account type: IMAP; Port number: 993; Server address: imap-mail.outlook.com
Account type: POP; Port number: 995; Server address: pop-mail.outlook.com
Account type: SMTP; Port number: 587; Server address: smtp-mail.outlook.com
Adding Outlook To Apple Mail
- step 1: On your Mac computer, open the Mail app.
- step 2: To do so, open Spotlight, type the Mail command, and tap Enter. You can also open the Mail app from the Finder window. Open Finder and click Application > Mail.
- step 3: After opening the Apple Mail app successfully, click on the Mail menu at the top of the screen to add Outlook to Apple Mail.
- step 4: From the Mail menu list, select the Add Account option.
- step 5: Now, a pop-up dialog box with the title Choose a Mail account provider will appear on the screen.
- step 6: On the opened screen, you can find some email service providers’ names.
- step 7: If Outlook is listed, select it by clicking the radio button beside it and click Continue. Otherwise, select the Other Mail Account option and click Continue.
- step 8: Now, the Add a Mail account dialog box prompting you to enter your email account’s name, address, and password, will open.
- step 9: Type your Outlook email account’s name, address, and password in the given fields.
- step 10: Click on the Sign In button to add Outlook to Apple Mail.
- step 11: Now, the Apple Mail application will automatically detect your Outlook.com email account’s server settings and complete the configuration.
- step 12: In case you are prompted to type the account’s server settings, then enter them in the given fields correctly. (Note: The incoming and outgoing server settings of Outlook for Apple Mail are given above. Refer to them if necessary.)
- step 13: Once you have added your account to Apple Mail, try to send a test mail to check whether the account configuration is done correctly.
- step 14: If you receive the test mail successfully, it means that your account is configured correctly.
- step 15: Otherwise, re-perform the account setup.
To know more about how to add Outlook to Apple Mail, contact us.