AOL Mail is one of the leading web-based email service providers popular for its user interface, along with other mailing features. But sometimes, users may find it difficult to send emails from the email client app on their iPhones. This problem mainly occurs if the email settings are not correctly configured.
To fix the AOL Mail issues on your iPhone, keep reading the steps below.
Solution 1: Turn on & off Airplane mode
- Step 1:On your iPhone, touch the Settings icon on the home screen.
- Step 2: On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap the Airplane Mode button.
- Step 3: Toggle on and off the slider next to Airplane Mode.
- Step 4: Next, check if the Internet connection on your iPhone is stable. If not, reset the network settings.
- Step 5: This should fix the AOL Mail issues on your iPhone.
Solution 2: Remove and re-add your AOL email account
- Step 1:Open Settings and tap the Accounts & Passwords button.
- Step 2:Select your AOL email account from the displayed list.
- Step 3:Tap Delete Account at the bottom to remove your email account.
- Step 4:Once your AOL email account has been removed, return to the Settings page.
- Step 5:Tap the Accounts & Passwords button again and select the Add Account option.
- Step 6:Choose AOL from the list of email service providers and add your email account by following the on-screen prompts.
- Step 7:If you wish to configure the email server settings manually, tap the Other button and enter your account details.
- Step 8:Make sure to enter the correct incoming and outgoing mail server settings.
- Step 9:Now, the AOL Mail issues on your iPhone should be fixed.
If you are using the AOL Mail app on your iPhone instead of using the default Mail app, you can fix the issues with your AOL email account by following these steps.
Solution 1: Check for updates
- Step 1:On your iPhone, touch the App Store icon on the home screen.
- Step 2:In the Apple App Store, type ‘AOL Mail’ in the search field and tap the search icon.
- Step 3:Select AOL Mail from the search result and tap the Update button (if any).
- Step 4:Once your app has been updated, open the app and sign in to your AOL email account.
- Step 5:Send a test email from the AOL Mail app to check if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 2: Reinstall the AOL Mail app
If you are not able to resolve the AOL Mail issues on your iPhone using the above-said solutions, then try reinstalling the app.
- Step 1:To begin with, tap and hold the AOL Mail app on the home screen on your iPhone until it starts shaking.
- Step 1:Next, tap the X icon in the corner of the AOL Mail app.
- Step 1:If prompted, tap the Delete button.
- Step 1:Restart your iPhone and download the AOL Mail app from the App Store.
- Step 1:Install the app and add your AOL email account.