HOW TO FIX AOL MAIL NOT WORKING ON MACBOOK PRO?
AOL Mail is one of the best email services with an excellent user interface. It allows you to access your email account from desktop email clients and mobile phones. Sometimes, you may not be able to work properly with the AOL Mail configured on your Mac. In such cases, troubleshoot the issues to continue working with your AOL Mail account. Keep reading the instructions below to know how to fix the AOL Mail not working on MacBook Pro device.
Solution 1: Check The Account Settings
- Step 1: On your Mac, click the Mail icon at the Dock to launch the Mail app.
- Step 2: If the Mail icon is not available in the Dock panel, click the Spotlight Search icon at the top-right corner. Type ‘mail’ in the search field and click to open the Mail app from the search result.
- Step 3: Next, click the Mail menu in the menu bar and select the Preferences option.
- Step 4: In the Preferences window, click the Accounts tab and choose your AOL email account from the left-side panel.
- Step 5: Click the Account Information tab and select the Enable this account checkbox if it has been deselected.
- Step 6: Check your AOL email address in the Email Address field.
- Step 7: To edit the email address, click the drop-down menu and select the Edit Email Address option.
- Step 8: Next, click the Server Settings tab and ensure that the AOL server is selected in the Outgoing Mail Account drop-down menu.
- Step 9: Also, check the incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail server settings. If necessary, modify the settings to fix the AOL Mail not working on MacBook Pro device.
Solution 2: Remove and Reconfigure AOL Mail
- step 1: Open System Preferences from the Mail menu.
- step 2: Click the Internet Accounts icon and select your AOL email account.
- step 3: Click the minus sign at the bottom-left corner to remove your email account.
- step 4: If prompted, select the Delete from all devices option to remove your AOL email account from all of your devices.
- step 5: Restart your Mac and open the System Preferences window.
- step 6: Click the Internet Accounts icon and select the plus sign to add a new account.
- step 7: Choose AOL from the list of email service providers.
- step 8: Input your AOL email account details in the required fields and click Next.
- step 9: Carry out the on-screen prompts and configure the mail server settings.
You have now seen how to fix the AOL Mail not working on MacBook Pro device.