How To Add AOL Mail Two factor Authentication?
There are many security features offered by email service providers to protect your account from third-party access. One such feature is two-factor authentication or two-step verification. By enabling this feature, you can strengthen your account’s security. It requires you to clear two distinct forms of identifications to access your account on unrecognized devices or browsers. This page covers the steps to Add AOL Mail Two factor Authentication.
To add two-factor authentication, you can use a phone number or an authenticator app. If you wish to receive the verification code to your phone number, then configure the 2-step verification for the phone. Similarly, if you wish to use an authenticator app to complete the 2-step verification process, then download and install the desired authenticator app on your phone. The following section covers both methods in detail.
Adding The Aol Mail Two-factor Authentication Using A Phone Number
- Step 1:From your computer browser, sign in to your AOL Mail account.
- Step 2:After signing into your account successfully, open its Security page. On the opened page, locate the 2-step verification option to Add AOL Mail Two factor Authentication.
- Step 3:Now, click on the Turn on 2SV option beside 2-step verification.
- Step 4:To configure the 2-factor authentication feature, click the Get Started button provided below.
- Step 5:Choose the Phone number method from the list of suggestions by clicking the toggle button beside it.
- Step 6:Now, a window titled Enable two-step verification will open.
- Step 7:In the opened window, select your region or country code from the drop-down menu and type your number in the Mobile number field.
- Step 8:Now, click on the Send SMS or Call Me button.
- Step 9:If you have clicked the Send SMS button, you’ll receive a five-digit code to the entered number. Type it in the given field to Add AOL Mail Two factor Authentication.
- Step 10:Once the phone number is verified, the two-factor authentication feature will be added to your AOL account.
To check if the authentication is added, sign in to your account.
Adding The Aol Mail Two-factor Authentication Using An Authenticator App
The authenticator apps help you protect your account against password theft. Some popular authenticator apps are Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, and Authy.
To enable the 2-step verification for the authenticator app on your AOL Mail account, follow the instructions given here.
- step 1:Initially, install the desired authenticator app on your phone.
- step 2:Next, go to your AOL Mail account’s security page to Add AOL Mail Two factor Authentication.
- step 3:Enable the Turn on 2SV option beside 2-step verification.
- step 4:Click Get Started > Authenticator app > Continue.
- step 5:Now, on the application, a QR code will be displayed.
- step 6:Scan the code using the authenticator app’s scanner.
- step 7:After scanning the code, tap Continue and type the security code that is displayed in the authenticator app.
- step 8:Tap Done.
Now, try to sign in to your AOL mail account to check whether the 2-step verification for the authenticator app is configured correctly. If you wish to disable or turn off the 2-step verification feature on your AOL mail account, follow the below instructions.
- step 1:On your account’s security page, go to the 2-step verification section and click on the Manage button beside it.
- step 2:Select the Turn off option.
If you wish to use your AOL mail account from a third-party app, then generate and use an app password from your account’s security page.
- step 1:Click on the Manage app passwords or Generate app password option on your account’s security page.
- step 2:Choose the app you wish to use and click Generate.
- step 3:Create the app password by following on-screen instructions.
To know more about how to Add AOL Mail Two factor Authentication, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.