Configure The AOL POP3 And SMTP Server Settings
POP stands for Post Office Protocol. It is responsible for downloading the emails from your email server to the email client.
SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is responsible for sending emails from your email program.
The POP3 and SMTP server settings are used to configure the email account manually on your email client. The AOL POP3 and SMTP server settings for AOL mail are as follows:
- Step 1:Incoming mail server:pop.aol.com
- Step 3:SSL/TLS required: Yes
- Step 4:Outgoing mail server:smtp.aol.com
- Step 6:SSL/TLS required: Yes
Carry out these steps to configure the AOL server settings on Outlook 2016:
- Step 1:You need to launch the Outlook app first.
- Step 2:Click the File tab at the top-left corner of the screen and select Info from the left side panel.
- Step 3:Click the Add Account button and select the Manual setup or additional server types radio button.
- Step 4:Click Next to configure the server settings manually.
- Step 5:If you configure your account manually using the AOL email address and password, problems like email sending error, incomplete configuration may appear in the future.
- Step 6:On the Choose Service screen, click the POP or IMAP radio button and click Next.
- Step 7:On the POP and IMAP Account Settings screen, fill up the User Information, Server Information, and Logon Information fields.
- Step 8:For User Information, type your desired name in the Your Name field.
- Step 9:This will be the short name viewed by your recipients when they receive your emails.
- Step 10:Type your AOL email address in the Email Address field.
- Step 11:Under Server Information, choose POP from the Account Type drop-down menu.
- Step 12:Enter “pop.aol.com” as your incoming mail server name in the Incoming mail server field.
- Step 13:Enter “smtp.aol.com” as your outgoing mail server name in the Outgoing mail server(SMTP) field.
- Step 14:Under Logon Information, type the full email id of your AOL account in the User Name field.
- Step 15:Type the correct password for the above-mentioned email address in the Password field.
- Step 16:Click the More Settings button at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Step 17:Click the Outgoing Server tab and mark the My Outgoing server(SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.
- Step 18:Enable the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button.
- Step 19:Navigate to the Advanced tab and enter 993 as the port number for the Incoming server.
- Step 20:Select SSL from the drop-down menu near the Use the following type of encrypted connection field.
- Step 21:Enter 587 as the port number in the Outgoing server(SMTP) field, if you choose TLS as your encrypted connection.
- Step 22:If you select SSL from the drop-down menu under the Outgoing server field, you need to enter 465 as the port number in the Outgoing server field.
- Step 23:Click OK to close the More Settings window and go back to the POP and IMAP Account Settings window.
- Step 24:Click the Test Account Settings button to verify the server settings.
- Step 25:Click the Next button followed by Finish to complete the process.
- Step 26:Now, you can access the AOL POP3 and SMTP server settings email account easily from the email client.
- Step 27:If you aren’t able to configure the server settings, click the Call button available on this screen to get the remote assistance from our technical support team.