Comcast Email Not Working
When your Comcast email not working on your computer or mobile phone, perform any of these basic troubleshooting methods.
Method 1: Check the internet connection
- Step 1:If you are using your mobile phone to access your Comcast app, then first check the internet connection.
- Step 2:Open a web browser on your device and try to access any website.
- Step 3:Also, reboot your device, router, modem, etc. once and then try to access your Comcast email.
- Step 4:If you are using a cellular network for the internet, then check the network bard on your device. Access the Comcast email when the network bars on your device are full.
Method 2: Check the Email Configuration
Configuring your Comcast using wrong settings may also be a reason for this issue. So, check the Comcast email account settings in your email account.
Checking Comcast email settings in MS Outlook:
If you used to access your Comcast email on your computer using the MS Outlook email client, then follow the below-mentioned steps to verify the settings of your Comcast email.
- Step 1: Open the MS Outlook email client on your computer.
- Step 2: Click the File Menu and select the Info option.
- Step 3: Then, in the right section of the display, select the Account Settings option.
- Step 4: Now, select your Comcast email account. Under the E-mail tab of the Account Settings window, click the Change button.
- Step 5: The Change Account window will be displayed. Check the details such as the incoming server, outgoing server, your email address, password, etc.
- Step 6: Click the More Settings button and then check the port numbers under the Advanced tab.
- Step 7: Under the Outgoing Server tab, check whether you have selected the ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ checkbox and the ‘Use the same settings as my incoming mail server’ radio button.
Checking Comcast email settings in Apple OS Mail app:
- Step 1: Tap and open the Settings icon on the home screen on your iPhone.
- Step 2: On the Settings screen, click the Passwords & Accounts option.
- Step 3: In the next window, tap on your Comcast email account and verify the configuration settings.
Method 3: Access your Comcast email using web
If your Comcast email not working on your web client on your computer or mobile phone, then try to access it using a web browser. If the Comcast webmail is accessible, then proceed to the next method.
Method 4: Delete your Comcast account and re-configure it
If you have tried all the troubleshooting methods and if you are still not able to access Comcast email on your email client or mobile phone, then delete your email account and re-configure it.
The steps to delete your Comcast email account on your iPhone is given below.
- Step 1: Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Tap the Passwords & Accounts option.
- Step 3: On the next screen, select your Comcast email.
- Step 4: Then, click the Delete Account option.
- Step 5: In the pop-up dialog box, tap the Delete from my iPhone option.
- Step 6: After removing your Comcast email account from iPhone, again set it up. While setting up, make sure the server details, email address, and password you enter are correct. If you need a remote assistance to fix Comcast email not working issue, click the call button available on the screen.