How To Configure Google Mail SMTP Server Settings?
SMTP server is meant to transfer your emails to the respective email servers. As Gmail offers you a free SMTP server, you can easily configure it by following the easy steps provided in this article. Here’s how you can Configure Google Mail SMTP server.
At first, you need to set up IMAP in your account.
Setting Up IMAP:
- Step 1: On your computer, open a web browser.
- Step 2: Visit the Gmail webpage.
- Step 3: Enter your email or phone number and then click Next.
- Step 4: Type your login password and then click Next.
- Step 5: Now, you can click the gear icon at the top right corner of the page in your Gmail account.
- Step 6: Select the See all settings tab and then click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab at the top.
- Step 7: Scroll down to enable IMAP.
- Step 8: Now, select the radio button next to Enable IMAP in the IMAP access section.
- Step 9: Select Save Changes at the bottom right corner.
After setting up IMAP, you need to add a custom email address to configure Google Mail SMTP server.
Adding A Custom Email Address:
- step 1:In your Gmail account, click the gear icon at the top right corner of the page.
- step 2:Select See all settings and then click the Accounts and Import tab.
- step 3:Scroll down to select Add another email address.
- step 4:Click the Add another email address link.
- step 5:A pop-up window appears on the screen.
- step 6:In the pop-up window, you can enter an email address in the required field and then click Next Step.
Now, you need to fill in the SMTP server details.
Filling The Required Details:
- step 1: Type the SMTP server name, which is the outgoing mail server.
- step 2: Now, enter your full email address in the username field.
- step 3: Type the password and then select the correct Port number from the drop-down menu.
- step 4: Ensure that the Secured Connection using TLS (recommended) option is selected. If not, select the option.
- step 5: After completing all the steps, click the Add account button.
- step 6: You’ll receive a verification message with a link to the provided email address.
- step 7: Open the message and click on it to finish the configuration.
You’ve now seen how to configure Google mail SMTP server.