How To Fix AOL IMAP Not Responding Issue
If you are using your AOL email account in an email client, you might see the The mail server imap.aol.com is not responding message due to some reasons. The main reason for this problem is Internet connectivity or incorrect email server settings. If your AOL IMAP not responding on your iPhone, proceed with the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem.
Solution 1 - Check your Internet connection
- Step 1:Ensure your Internet connection is strong.
- Step 2:If the Internet connection is weak, place your iPhone closer to your router.
- Step 3:Refresh your inbox and check if the error message has been resolved.
- Step 4:If necessary, reset the network settings. To do this, select the General option on the Settings screen. Tap Reset -> Reset network settings.
- Step 5:In case the problem is not with the Internet connection, perform the remaining solutions given on this page to resolve the AOL IMAP not responding problem.
Solution 2 - Relaunch the AOL Mail app
- Step 1: Close the AOL Mail app.
- Step 2: After some time, launch the AOL Mail app on your iPhone.
Solution 3 - Enable and disable Airplane Mode
- Step 1: Launch the Settings application on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Select the Airplane Mode option and turn on the toggle.
- Step 3: Wait for a minute and then turn off the toggle.
- Step 4: Still, if the AOL IMAP is not responding, carry out the following solutions.
Solution 4 - Remove and reinstall your AOL email account
- Step 1: On your iPhone, open Settings and tap the Accounts and Passwords option.
- Step 2: Choose your AOL email account and tap the Delete account option.
- Step 3: This will remove your email account from the iPhone.
- Step 4: To reinstall your email account, select the Accounts and Passwords option on the Settings screen.
- Step 5: Tap the Add account option and select the AOL email service provider.
- Step 6: Type your AOL email address and password.
- Step 7: Tap the Sign In button to access your AOL email account on the iPhone.
- Step 8: Mostly, the AOL IMAP not responding problem will be resolved after reinstalling your email account.
Solution 5 - Configure your AOL email account with IMAP settings
- Step 1: Remove your existing AOL email account from your iPhone.
- Step 2: Tap the Accounts and Passwords option on the Settings screen.
- Step 3: Select Add account -> Other -> Add mail account.
- Step 4: Now, type your display name in the Name field.
- Step 5: Enter the AOL email address in the Email field.
- Step 6: In the Description field, type the account description.
- Step 7: Tap the Next option and wait until your Mail finds the AOL email account settings.
- Step 8: Select the Done option to complete your email account setup.
- Step 9: Note: If the Mail app couldn’t find your email account settings, you must enter the following details in the appropriate fields.
- Step 10: IMAP server name - imap.aol.com
- Step 11: IMAP port - 993
- Step 12: SMTP Encryption - SSL
- Step 13: SMTP server name - smtp.aol.com
- Step 14: SMTP port - 587
- Step 15: SMTP Encryption - TLS
- Step 16: After completing your AOL email account setup, check if the AOL IMAP not responding problem has been resolved.