How to fix Mail Error Code 0x80072af9?
The 0x80072AF9 mail error code occurs when your Windows system fails to install updates. The reasons behind the Mail Error Code 0x80072af9 are listed below for your reference.
- Step 1:Interrupted Windows Update connection
- Step 2:Antivirus or firewall program
- Step 3:Corrupted system entries
- Step 4:To resolve the 0x80072AF9 error code, refer to the troubleshooting instructions mentioned on our web page.
- Step 1:Hold the Windows and R keys together on the computer’s keyboard.
- Step 2:The Run dialog box will display on the screen.
- Step 3:Type ‘ms-settings:troubleshoot’ without the quotes in the Open field and click the OK option.
- Step 4:The Troubleshooting box will open. Choose the Windows Update option and click the Run the Troubleshooter button.
- Step 5:Wait for the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool to finish the initial scan. Once you click the Apply this fix button, close the Troubleshooter window and restart the computer.
- Step 6:Check if the 0X80072AF9 error has been resolved.
Antivirus & Firewall Program:
- Step 1:Sometimes, the antivirus or firewall program running on the computer will interfere with the system update.
- Step 2:Disable the antivirus program temporarily or uninstall it from the computer.
- Step 3:Once done with installing the system update, you can install any antivirus or firewall program on the computer.
Check for Corrupted Files:
- Step 1:Launch the Quick Access menu by holding the Win and X keys at the same time on the computer’s keyboard.
- Step 2:Choose the Command Prompt (Admin) option from the displayed menu.
- Step 3:Type the ‘sfc /scannow’ command without the single quotes in the Command Prompt and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Step 4:The SFC scan might take up to a maximum of 15 minutes to complete. If the SFC scan does not resolve the Mail Error Code 0x80072af9, enter the ‘DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth’ command in the Command Prompt window.
- Step 5:The DISM scan runs for 20 minutes. Make sure not to interfere with the scanning process until it is completed.
- Step 6:Try to install the Windows update and check if the 0X80072AF9 error code is resolved.
- Step 1:Open the Run command window and enter ‘cleanmgr’ without including the single quotes.
- Step 2:Select your system partition and click the Clean up System files option.
- Step 3:This will clean all the junk files on the computer.
If the 0x80072AF9 error code still persists, then try the other options given below.
- Step 1:Disable the Tablet Mode feature.
- Step 2:Perform system restoration.
- Step 3:Refresh the computer.
- Step 4:If you need assistance from our technical experts in resolving the Mail Error Code 0x80072af9, click the Call button available on this web page.