Method 1: Setting the Root folder path.
To set the Root folder path, follow the below steps.
- Step 1:Open the Outlook 2013 on your computer.
- Step 2:Navigate to the File, select the Account Settings option.
- Step 3:Then, double-click on the IMAP account for which you are facing the synchronization issue.
- Step 4:Select More Settings and then click the Advanced tab.
- Step 5:Under the Advanced tab, go to the Folders section and enter Inbox in the Root folder path field.
- Step 6:Now, click the OK button and save the changes you have made.
- Step 7:Check whether Outlook 2013 is able to synchronize with the IMAP server.
Method 2: Changing the Subscribed Folders Setting.
Changing the Subscribed folders settings in Outlook 2013 may also solve the Gmail IMAP synchronization issue with Outlook 2013. Follow the below steps to change the subscribed folders settings.
- Step 1:Open the Outlook 2013 email client on your computer.
- Step 2:Choose the Folders menu and then select IMAP Folders.
- Step 3:In the dialog box, uncheck the 'When displaying hierarchy in Outlook, show only the subscribed folders' checkbox.
- Step 4:Now, save the settings and check whether Outlook 2013 is synchronized with the Gmail IMAP server.
Method 3: Setting the Synchronization groups.
To set the Gmail IMAP sync issues with outlook 2013, follow the instructions below.
- Step 1:Open Outlook 2013 and click the Send/Receive menu.
- Step 2:From the list, select Send/Receive Groups.
- Step 3:Again, from the drop-down menu, select the 'Define send/Receive Groups' option.
- Step 4:Click the New button to create a new Send/Receive group. Enter the name for the new group and click the OK button.
- Step 5:Then, select your Gmail IMAP account and click the 'Include the selected account in this group' checkbox and click the OK button.
- Step 6:Then, on the Send/Receive Groups window, click the All Accounts, and click the Edit option.
- Step 7:For all the IMAP accounts listed, uncheck the Include the selected account in this group checkbox.
- Step 8:Click OK followed by Close.