How Do You Change Security Questions on Yahoo Mail?
When you are on the verge of creating a new email account, you might have come across a section where the email client is prompting you to choose a security question.
Ever wondered why this is mandatory? Well, the questions and the answers help you out in recovery of your yahoo email password in case you forget it one day while trying to signin. The security questions are one of the modes of recovery and are considered to be the simplest.
There might be a scenario where you have forgotten the answer to a security question, and it might worry you like if you have permanently lost access to the Yahoo! account. What then? Here is one way. A simple security question reset comes in handy.
Go through the steps to Change Security Questions on Yahoo Mail.
- Step 1:
Open the default browser on your computer.
- Step 2:
Enter the yahoo mail URL in the address bar and press the enter button.
- Step 3:
The sign-in page will now open, enter the login credentials for your Yahoo! Account.
- Step 4:
Once you gain access, you have to move the cursor to the account information section on the top-right corner of the page.
- Step 5:
The icon will have your name and the display picture, click the icon.
- Step 6:
You will see the following information:
- Step 1 :Signed in as-your Yahoo! Name
- Step 2 :My Profile
- Step 3 :Sign Out
- Step 4 :Click the My Profile
- Step 1 :Navigate yourself to the Account security section and click the Reset option under security questions.
- Step 2 :You will now be asked to enter a verification code, and the verification code will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Step 3 :Once you enter the same verification code as sent to your mobile, you will be asked to choose two questions from the drop-down list.
- Step 4 :Make sure to set a simple question, and the answer should be only to yourself.
- Step 5 :Note down the answer in case you forget it again.
- Step 6 :Click the Save button, and that’s it, The how to change security questions on Yahoo Mail process completed successfully.