How to Add a Hyperlink to an Email?
A hyperlink is an option that redirects the user to another webpage when it is clicked. This option is available in almost all web pages. You can also add the hyperlink for a webpage in your mail so that the recipient can view the webpage just by clicking the hyperlink, instead of typing the complete URL. On this web page, we’ll show you how to add a hyperlink to an email.
General steps to add a link to an email
- Step 1:Open your email application.
- Step 2:Compose a new email message.
- Step 3:Now, select and highlight the word that you wish to use a hyperlink.
- Step 4:Once you have highlighted the word, click the Insert menu.
- Step 5:Select the Hyperlink option.
- Step 6:Now, a pop-up dialog box titled Insert a Hyperlink will open.
- Step 7:In the Line Text field, the highlighted text will be filled automatically. If not, enter it manually.
- Step 8:If you wish to link the selected text to a website, then select the http:// option from the Type drop-down menu.
- Step 9:Enter the website address in the URL text field and click the OK button.
Add a Hyperlink to an Email [Gmail]
- Step 1: Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Step 2: Click the Compose button.
- Step 3: Now, the New message window will open.
- Step 4: Fill the To, Subject, and text fields.
- Step 5: Type the message in the text field.
- Step 6: Now, select and highlight the word to be used as the hyperlink.
- Step 7: Click the Insert icon.
- Step 8: Select the Web address option by clicking the radio button beside it.
- Step 9: Enter the URL and click the OK button.
Add a Hyperlink to an Email [Yahoo Mail]
- Step 1: Open a web browser on your computer.
- Step 2: Go to the Yahoo! webmail.
- Step 3: Now, you’ll be prompted to enter your Yahoo! Mail account’s credentials.
- Step 4: Enter the email address and password in the given fields.
- Step 5: Click the Sign in button.
- Step 6: Click Mail > Compose. Create a new message.
- Step 7: After creating the email message, select and highlight the word or sentence that you wish to use as a hyperlink.
- Step 8: Click the Insert Link icon.
- Step 9: Enter the URL code in the URL code field.
- Step 10: Once you have entered the URL, click the OK button followed by Send.
Contact us if you need remote assistance for add a hyperlink to an email.