How To Block Junk Mail In Hotmail?
Junk mail or spam includes irrelevant messages sent by spammers across the world. It is usually sent for commercial purposes. If you want to get rid of junk mails, you have two options to choose from. Using these options, you can learn how to block junk mail in Hotmail. You can either mark the received mail as Junk or change the Block settings.
Mark The Specified Mail As Junk
- Step 1:On your default browser, sign in with your email address and password into your Hotmail account.
- Step 2:Select the checkboxes of all the mails that you want to move into the Junk folder. Select the checkboxes one by one. You can find it at the top left corner of the mail preview.
- Step 3:Just above your mailbox, you can find four options. Click on Junk. When you select Junk, all the emails you have marked will move to the Junk folder.
- Step 4:On the left side, just below the Inbox, you can locate the Junk Email folder. Right-click on that folder and a pop-up will appear. Select Empty Folder from the list of options. Then, click OK to permanently delete all the emails from the Junk folder.
- Step 5:Now, you have cleared all the junk mails from your Junk folder. This is one way of avoiding junk emails in Hotmail.
Change Block Settings
- step 1:On your default browser, sign in with your email address and password into your Hotmail account.
- step 2:Click on the Settings option and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- step 3:Tap on Junk Mail and select Filtering and Reporting from the drop-down. Then, you will be directed to the Filtering and Reporting page.
- step 4:You have two options; Standard and Exclusive. When you select the filter level as Standard, you cannot notice any reduction of bulk emails to some extent. But, you will recognize an extreme reduction of junk mails in your Inbox when you opt for Exclusive.
- step 5:So, select Exclusive and tap on Save. Now, you have successfully learn how to block junk mail in Hotmail.