How To Change Email On Facebook?
There are situations when your Facebook account might have been hijacked. Or else, your account might be breached. Sometimes, you would have changed to a new email provider, and so, you need to update all your information that time you have to know how to change email on facebook.
If you are facing any one of the above scenarios, you can change your email address associated with your Facebook account.
Changing the Email Address on Facebook on a Computer:
To change the email address that you are currently using with Facebook, and to set it as the primary address, proceed with these steps:
- Step 1:Open your web browser. Log into your Facebook account.
- Step 2:On your Facebook page, at the top-right corner, select the down arrow.
- Step 3:Choose the Settings option.
- Step 4:Click the General tab. Under General, choose Contact.
- Step 5:The General Account Settings page will appear.
- Step 6:In the Contact section, select Add Another Email Or Mobile Number.
- Step 7:Type in the new address. Click the Add option.
- Step 8:If Facebook requests you to re-enter your password, do so. Then, click the Submit button to know how to change email on facebook.
In case you wish to remove the old email address, go back to the Contact tab and click the Remove option.
After you add the new email address, Facebook will be sending you a confirmation email. In the confirmation mail, click the link to confirm the addition of your new email address to your account.
Changing the Email Address on Facebook on iOS/Android:
To change your email address on an iOS or Android device (on Facebook), proceed with these steps:
- Step 1:Open your web browser, navigate to the official Facebook site. Navigate to Facebook.
- Step 2:Go to Menu. Select Settings & Privacy and choose the Settings option.
- Step 3:Go to Personal Information and select Email Address.
- Step 4:Choose the Add Email Address option.
- Step 5:Enter the email address. Now, click the Add Email button.
- Step 6:Facebook will send you a confirmation email. Check your email and select Confirm to verify that you have made this change.
- Step 7:At this stage, you might see a prompt to enter a code. Please do so.
- Step 8:After you change your email address, you might need to access Facebook from a computer.
- Step 9:This action is required to set the changed email address as your new primary email address finally you will know how to change email on facebook.