How To Change Facebook Email In Settings?
When you open a Facebook account for the first time, you will be asked to enter an email address. This Facebook email address will become your primary email address on Facebook.
The Primary email address is used for all kinds of communications. For example, if someone has messaged you, you will be notified via email. If you do not have access to your primary email, you will no longer receive any kind of notifications like Friend requests and Birthday reminders unless you change Facebook email in settings.
Your Facebook account is linked to your primary email and it is needed at all the times when you want to log in to your Facebook account. If you change the email address or if you no longer want the email address linked to Facebook, you always have the option of changing the email address associated with your Facebook account.
Now, let us walk through the steps on how to change Facebook email in settings.
- Step 1:Open the default browser on your computer.
- Step 2:Enter the Facebook URL in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- Step 3:Click the log in link in the search result.
- Step 4:The Facebook login page will now open.
- Step 5:On the top right corner of the Facebook page, you will see two separate fields, username and password.
- Step 6:Enter your Facebook email in the username field and the password in the password field.
- Step 7:You will now gain access to your Facebook profile.
- Step 8:Go to the Profile option on the top right corner and click on your profile photo.
- Step 9:Click the down arrow button.
- Step 10:You will now see a list of options. Click on the option Settings & Privacy and then click Settings.
- Step 11:Under the General tab, click the Contact option.
- Step 12:Click on Add another email or mobile number.
- Step 13:Enter a new email address and then click the ADD button.
- Step 14:Now, you have to enter the password.
- Step 15:Re-enter the password and click the Submit button.
- Step 16:You will now get a confirmation email on your new email address.
- Step 17:Log in to your email, click the link to confirm.
- Step 18:You will now be redirected to the Facebook account page.
- Step 19:If you find yourself logged out of your account, enter the new email address and the password.
- Step 20:Click Sign In and you will be taken to your Facebook profile.
Now you have seen how to change Facebook email in settings.