How to Change iCloud Email to Gmail?
You have to link your email account to the Apple ID if you want to use any of the Apple services like iCloud storage, App Store, Apple Music, and so on. The email account type can be @me, @icloud, @mac, or any other third-party like @gmail or @yahoo. If you are planning to change the email account associated with the Apple ID, open the Apple account on a web browser and make the necessary changes. In case you have a third-party email account, you can change it to any of the Apple email accounts like @icloud. But it is not possible to change the Apple email to a third-party email account. Continue reading to know how to change iCloud email to Gmail.
Step-1: Deactivate the Apple ID
- Step 1:When you want to begin from scratch, you have to deactivate the current Apple ID which has the iCloud email linked.
- Step 2:Before you deactivate the account, make sure you back up all data and files stored on the services that were using your Apple ID.
- Step 3:Open a web browser on the computer and visit the official Apple privacy website.
- Step 4:Now, enter the Apple ID and password to log in to your Apple account.
- Step 5:Read the instructions below Apple ID & Privacy and then click Continue.
- Step 6:Following that, click the Get Started link under Deactivate your account.
- Step 7:Next, select a reason for deactivating the account and click Continue.
- Step 8:The notification regarding the subscription cancellation will appear.
- Step 9:Then read the Deletion Terms & Conditions, tick the checkbox to accept it.
- Step 10:Choose an option to receive the account status updates. Then, you have to select the Print code button to generate the access code, which enables you to reactivate the account.
- Step 11:Once again, enter the access code you have generated to confirm deactivation and finally click Deactivate account.
- Step 12:Read the process information and then click the Sign out button.
Step-2: Create a New Apple ID
- Step 1:Once you have successfully deactivated your Apple account, as it takes around seven days to deactivate the account, open App Store on your Apple device.
- Step 2:Select the Sign in menu and click the Create Apple ID button.
- Step 3:Agree to the terms and conditions and then fill in the necessary details.
- Step 4:Next, enter the Gmail account address to link with the new Apple account.
- Step 5:Follow the guided instructions and create the Apple ID.
- Step 6:Go to the Gmail account and verify the Apple ID you have created.
Now, we have seen how to change iCloud email to Gmail.