How to change imap to pop3 in outlook 2016?
To know How to change IMAP to POP3 in outlook 2016 application, perform the guidelines mentioned below.
Four steps are involved in converting your account from IMAP to POP3.
Step 1 - Adding your pop3 account
- After launching the Microsoft Outlook 2016 application, select the File tab
- Select the Info option followed by the Account Settings option.
- Click the New option in the Account Settings window.
- Select either the Manually configure server settings or Additional server types option.
- Fill your name, email address, and other relevant details in the appropriate fields.
- Select the POP3 option from the Account Type drop-down menu.
Step 2 - Transferring mail folders
- After adding the POP3 account to the Outlook account, the mails in the Inbox folder gets downloaded automatically.
- But, the mails in the Sent and other folders cannot be downloaded.
- Select the mails from the POP3 account’s Inbox folder.
- Drag the selected mails and then click either the Copy or Move option.
- Using these steps we can execute that how to change imap to pop3 in outlook 2016.
Step 3 - Exporting/importing message rules
- This is an optional step.
- You are strongly recommended to export your message rules before proceeding with the next steps.
- To export message rules, select FileManage Rules & AlertsOptionsExport Rules.
Step 4 - Removing imap account
- After selecting the pst file, click the Data Files tab followed by the Set as Default option.
- Restart the Outlook application, open the Account Settings window and delete the IMAP account.
How to change imap to pop3 in mac mail
Step 1 - Downloading messages before converting from imap to pop3
- Open the Mac mail application on your computer.
- To copy the messages from the Inbox folder, create a new mail box folder by selecting the Mailbox option followed by the New Mailbox option.
- Do the previous step again to copy the messages from the Sent folder as well as from the other subfolders.
Step 2 - Disabling imap account
- In the main interface of the Mac Mail application, select the Preferences option followed by the Accounts option.
- Select the name of the IMAP account and then click the Advanced option.
- Remove the checkmark next to the ‘Enable this account’ option.
Step 3 - Creating pop3 account
- Select the File tab and then click the Add Account option.
- Provide the necessary details for the POP3 account settings in the Incoming Mail server section.
- By Using these steps we can execute that how to change imap to pop3 in outlook 2016.
How to change imap to pop3 in thunderbird
Two steps involved in changing your account from IMAP to POP3 are setting up POP3 and removing the IMAP account from Thunderbird.
Step 1 - Setting up pop3 account
- Open the Thunderbird mail application on your computer.
- Select MenuOptionsAccount SettingsAccount Actionsadd Mail Account.
- When the next window appears on the screen, fill the Account Name, POP3 Email Address, and Password fields.
- Select the checkbox next to the Remember Password option and then select the Continue button.
- Click the radio button beside the ‘POP3 (keep mail on your computer)’ option to retain all the mails after changing your account from IMAP to POP3.
- If the POP3 address is not available on the help page, click the Manual Config option to type the suggested POP3 email address in the specified field.
- Click Done to save the POP3 configuration settings.
Step 2 - Removing imap account
- After choosing the IMAP account name, select the Remove Account option from the Account Actions drop-down list.
- In the Remove Account window, select the OK button.
- Select the OK button to exit the Account Settings window.
- Once you have removed the IMAP account, click the Get Mail icon to recover emails to your POP3 account from IMAP.
How to change imap to pop3 in windows live mail
Follow the quick guidelines provided below to know how to convert your account from IMAP to POP3 in Windows Live Mail.
- Step 1:Launch the Windows Live Mail application on your computer.
- Step 2:Right-click the email address of your account and then select the Properties option.
- Step 3:In the Properties window, click the Server tab.
- Step 4:Go to the Server Information section and type POP3 in the My Incoming Mail Server field.
- Step 5:Mention the email address of the POP3 account in the Incoming Mail Account field.
- Step 6:Also, you have to fill both the Email Username and Password fields under the Incoming Mail Server section.
- Step 7:Make sure to checkmark the box next to the Remember Password option.
- Step 8:Click OK in the Properties window to save the POP3 account changes.
- Step 9:Before adding your POP3 account, transfer all your messages to a specific folder.
- Step 10:By Utilizing these steps we can execute that how to change imap to pop3 in outlook 2016 application.