- Step 1: Thunderbird is a similar open-source, cross-platform email client like Gmail and yahoo.
- Step 2: Mozilla’s Thunderbird comes with IMAP and POP3 configuration. It uses IMAP as the default configuration.
- Step 3: POP3 is always manually configured.
- Step 4: The following instructions will show you how to move from IMAP to POP3 in Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Step 5: On your Windows or Mac, launch Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Step 6: Once Thunderbird is launched, click Tools and then select Account settings.
- Step 7: Select Account Actions and then click Add Email account.
- Step 8: Please enter your username and login password in the required fields and click continue.
- Step 9: Thunderbird will now start to automatically configure the account settings in IMAP, stop the configuration.
- Step 10: Click on Manual Configuration.
- Step 11: You can now modify your account details in the following manner.
- Step 12: Enter the account details:
|Your Email address :
|Incoming server address :
||mail.yourmailprovidername.com (example : mail.yahoo.com).
|Outgoing server address :
||mail.yourmailprovidername.com or smtp.yourmailprovidername.com (Setting SMTP for POP3 is optional).
- Step 13: From the incoming mail server drop-down list, select POP3, because you can not change it later when the configuration is complete.
- Step 14: Incoming port number- 995 (Secured Shell)
- Step 15: Outgoing port number- 465 (Secured Shell)
- Step 16: Once the fields are filled, click Manual setup.
- Step 17: Clear the error message that says smtp already exists.
- Step 18: Close the account settings, and you will see a new account created under POP3 settings.
- Step 19: Crosscheck if the incoming and the outgoing mail servers are working correctly.
- Step 20: You can now remove the IMAP settings configured before.
- Step 21: Go to Account Settings from the tools option and click Remove account.
- Step 22: The IMAP settings are now reconfigured to POP3 in Mozilla Thunderbird.