How to Change Mac Mail IMAP to POP?
The instructions given below explains how to change Mac Mail IMAP to POP.
Changing IMAP to POP using an existing IMAP account.
- Step 1:First, you have to move your online emails to the online Inbox because POP can only fetch emails stored in the online folder.
- Step 2:Now, you have to change your local mail client settings.
- Step 3:Enter your account’s POP and SMTP settings correctly in the given fields when prompted.
- Step 4:Once you have done it, your account type will be changed from IMAP to POP.
Creating a new POP account using an existing account’s incorrect email address.
- Step 1:Go to the Mail window.
- Step 2:Select the Preferences option followed by Accounts.
- Step 3:In the Accounts dialog box, click the plus (+) icon.
- Step 4:Now, a window titled Choose a Mail account provider… will open.
- Step 5:Choose your email service provider from the displayed list. If your service provider’s icon is not displayed on the screen, then click the Other Mail Account… option followed by the Continue button.
- Step 6:In the Add a Mail account window, enter your name, email address, and password in the given fields. While entering your email address, add one extra letter at the end of it.
- Step 7:For example, add the j or any other desired letter to the end of your email address:: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 8:Once you have done it, click the Sign in button.
- Step 9:Now, a window prompting you to enter your account’s server settings will open.
- Step 10:Remove the added letter (j or any other one) from your email address in the displayed window.
- Step 11:Select the POP option in the Account Type field.
- Step 12:Save the settings.
- Step 13:Now, how to change Mac Mail IMAP to POP process completed successfully.