How To Enable Gmail Via IMAP In Your Email?
You can enable Gmail via IMAP settings on your email program with the quick steps given on our site. Before setting up your Gmail account on your email program, you have to enable Gmail via IMAP. To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Step 1:On your computer, open the default browser and navigate to the Gmail web page.
- Step 2:Enter your Gmail email address and its password to log in to your account.
- Step 3:Next, click the Settings icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 4:Select the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5:Go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP section and click the Enable IMAP radio button.
- Step 6:Click on Save Changes available at the bottom of the page.
- Step 7:If necessary, navigate to the Security section of your account and toggle on the Allow less secure apps button.
- Step 8:Once you have done the enable Gmail via IMAP, configure your account in the email client.
Steps To Configure Gmail in Outlook:
- Step 1:In the Outlook window, click the File menu and select the Info tab from the left-side panel.
- Step 2:Click the Add Account button and check the Manual setup or additional server types checkbox on the Auto Account Setup screen.
- Step 3:Click Next and select the POP or IMAP option.
- Step 4:On the POP and IMAP Account Settings screen, enter your name and email address in the User Information section.
- Step 5:Under Server Information, select the IMAP option from the Account Type pull-down menu.
- Step 6:Type ‘imap.gmail.com’ in the Incoming mail server field.
- Step 7:Enter ‘smtp.gmail.com’ in the Outgoing mail server field.
- Step 8:Under Logon Information, enter your email address and password in the required fields.
- Step 9:Click the More Settings button and choose the Outgoing Server tab.
- Step 10:Tick the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.
- Step 11:Enable the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button and move to the Advanced tab.
- Step 12:Enter ‘993’ in the Incoming server (IMAP) field.
- Step 13:Select the SSL option from the pull-down menu next to Use the following type of encrypted connection.
- Step 14:Enter ‘465’ in the Outgoing server (SMTP) field.
- Step 15:Select SSL from the pull-down menu.
- Step 16:Click OK and return to the POP and IMAP Account Settings screen.
- Step 17:Click the Test Account Settings button to verify the configured server settings.
- Step 18:Once the verification is complete, click the Next button followed by Close to complete the setup.
- Step 19:Now, you can access your Gmail account quickly in the email program instead of visiting the webmail.
Now we have successfully enable Gmail via IMAP & also configured it.