How To Fix AOL Mail Error Code 420?
AOL is one of the major email clients where you can access your mail, allowing the user to send and receive emails. Though it is a big platform, it has a specific technical issue, and one among them is Error 420. This error occurs while accessing your account or causes signing-up problems. It happens due to the downloading of corrupted software. Any corrupted file on your PC might cease the communication between your PC and AOL Mail. Let us see how to fix AOL Mail Error Code 420 by following simple and easy steps.
Steps to fix the AOL Mail Error Code 420
Restart your PC
- Step 1:Restarting helps you recover from any such errors as it may enable some programs to wake up from the sleep mode and might stop the corrupted files from interrupting the available programs.
- Step 2:So, try restarting your PC before performing any technical troubleshooting and access your AOL account and make sure it works. If the problem persists, then it may be due to browser issues.
Check your browser
- step 1:How to fix AOL Mail Error code 420 is done easily, it may be caused even due to browser settings. An outdated version of your browser or corrupted browser may cause the Error 420. So try logging out of your AOL account from the default browser, log in to your AOL account on another web browser, and make sure that the Error 420 is resolved.
- step 2:If you can access your AOL account on another web browser, the issue revolves around your old browser. You need to update your web browser or uninstall and download the latest version of the browser and then try logging in to your AOL account. This method has worked for many users.
Scan and run the antivirus
Virus or malware attacks can cause the Error 420. To perform a manual virus scan and remove the virus from your PC, follow these simple steps to know how to fix AOL Mail Error Code 420.
- step 1:Open any antivirus software on your PC.
- step 2:Click on the Full system scanoption on the antivirus page.
- step 3:Wait for a few seconds until the scanning process completes.
- step 4:Your desktop will pop up with the list of viruses that are affecting your PC.
- step 5:Remove all the viruses and restart your PC.
- step 6:Now, open your web browser and log in to your AOL account. Make sure that you can access your account without the Error 420 affecting your work.
- step 6:Now we have seen how to fix Aol mail error code 420.