How To Fix AOL Mail Error Code 521?
AOL is an online email service provider, and it is widely used by many people across the world. The error code 521 or 5.21 has been experienced by quite a few AOL users. It occurs when the Internet mail host fails to accept incoming mails. The reason behind the error code can be the installation of a corrupted file, virus or malware infection, or anything. When you diagnose the exact issue behind the error code, you can fix it in no time. However, if you cannot identify the reason, you can also try out the basic troubleshooting methods given below for how to fix AOL mail error code 521.
Restart your computer
- Step 1:Restarting the computer is an effective method to fix most of the significant problems. Restart your computer, then open the AOL Mail, and check whether the error code has disappeared.
- Step 2:Update your browser
- Step 3:If you are using an outdated browser, AOL can be incompatible with it and malfunction.
- Step 4:Moreover, if the error code had occurred due to an incompatible browser, you can fix it by updating the browser to the latest version.
Scan your system
- Step 1:When a virus infects your computer, the device will start to malfunction gradually. The virus infection can be a potential reason behind the error code, and it can prevent you from signing in to your AOL account. continue reading to know How to fix AOL mail error code 521.
- Step 2:Do a comprehensive scan of your computer and check for the virus. If you find any such viruses or malware, quarantine them. Then check whether the error code had disappeared.
- Step 1:The frequent usage of computers and the Internet make the junk files pile up considerably. Do a disk cleanup to clear all those junk files.
- Step 2:On your computer, click Windows, type cmd in the search area, and press Enter.
- Step 3:In the Command Prompt window, type cleanmgr and press Enter.
- Step 4:In the Disk Cleanup: Drive Selection window, choose the drive to be cleaned from the drop-down.
- Step 5:Select the unnecessary files from the chosen drive and clean up the disk. continue reading to know How to fix AOL mail error code 521.
System file checker
- Step 1:If the system files are damaged, the device might not function well. Fix the errors in the system files just as mentioned below.
- Step 2:On your computer, click Start. Then go to the search area and type cmd.
- Step 3:Click on the Command Prompt option, and it will take you to the Command Prompt window.
- Step 4:In Command Prompt, type SFC /scannow and press Enter. Now, the application starts to run and clears all the junk files in the system.
In this way, you know how to fix AOL mail error code 521. If you cannot resolve the error code yet, you can reach out to us.