How To Fix Email Sending Issues?
When you cannot send emails from your email client, the problem might be with your SMTP server. The basic troubleshooting steps to fix the email sending issues are given on this page.
Check Your Internet Connection
- Step 1:Your computer must have an active Internet connection to send emails.
- Step 2:Disconnect the network connection and reconnect it.
- Step 3:Note: Ensure that the Airplane mode is turned off.
Check Your SMTP Server Details
- Step 1:The incorrect SMTP server details seem to be one of the most common issues. Sometimes, you might have configured your email account in an email client with the wrong SMTP parameters.
- Step 2:Below is a list of SMTP server name for the most popular email services.
- Step 3:AOL - smtp.aol.com
- Step 4:Comcast - smtp.comcast.net
- Step 5:Earthlink - smtpauth.earthlink.net
- Step 6:Gmail - smtp.gmail.com
- Step 7:GMX - mail.gmx.net
- Step 8:Yahoo - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Step 9:Continue with the following steps to fix the email sending issue.
Verify The Login Details
- Step 1:One of the silly mistakes we make is, entering the incorrect login details (username and password).
- Step 2:Login details are case sensitive. So, enter them correctly.
- Step 3:Make sure to double-check these details before you proceed.
Check Your SMTP Server Connection
- Step 1:Even though the server details are correct, there is a slight chance that the server itself can be down for some reason.
- Step 2:Check for the SMTP error codes and troubleshoot them.
Change Your SMTP Port
- Step 1:By default, the outgoing mail server uses port 25. Some of the Internet Service Providers might block this port to avoid spam traffic.
- Step 2:It is better to use either 587 or 465 for the outgoing (SMTP) port.
Customize The Antivirus Or Firewall Settings
- Step 1:The antivirus or firewall program installed on your computer might be conflicting with the email client.
- Step 2:So, ensure that the firewall or antivirus program is not blocking the email client.
- Step 3:If so, set up an exception for your email client.
- Step 4:If the email sending issues has not been fixed, contact our technical support member.