How to fix outgoing mail server?
The best solution for how to fix outgoing mail server issue is to remove the email account and then re-add it. While configuring the email account, make sure to enter the correct server address and port number in the appropriate fields.
How to fix outgoing mail server on iPhone?
Refer to the steps below to know how to fix the outgoing mail server issue on iPhone.
- Step 1:On your iPhone, tap SettingsMail - Accounts.
- Step 2:Select the account that has an issue with the outgoing mail server.
- Step 3:Tap the Account option. Tap the SMTP option in the Outgoing Mail Server section.
- Step 4:Move to the Primary Server section, and tap the server of your email account.
- Step 5:Navigate to the Outgoing Mail Server section.
- Step 6:Tap the Server Port field and then mention the port number correctly. Check if the issue has been resolved and to know How to fix outgoing mail server.
Note:The default SMTP port used in several email accounts is 25. If you are using TLS or SSL, the ports are 587 and 465, respectively.
How to fix outgoing mail server on Mac?
Proceed with the solutions below to fix the outgoing mail server problem on your Mac computer.
- Step 1:On your Mac computer, launch the Mail application.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Mail menu and then click the Preferences option to display the Preferences window on the screen.
- Step 3:Click the Accounts tab and then select the email address of your account.
- Step 4:Move to the Account Information tab and then click the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) option followed by the Edit SMTP Server List option for How to fix outgoing mail server.
- Step 5:In the Edit SMTP Server List window, click the Advanced tab.
- Step 6:Fill the Username and the Password fields with the correct login details.
- Step 7:Select the Password from the Authentication drop-down menu. Select the checkbox next to the Use SSL option. Make sure to set the correct port number as directed by your email provider.
- Step 8:Make sure to checkmark the box next to the ‘Automatically detect and maintain account settings’ option.
- Step 9:Click the OK button in the Edit window. If prompted, click the Save button. Close the Preferences window.
- Step 10:Check whether the outgoing mail server issue has been resolved by sending a test email.
- Step 1:After quitting the Mail application, click the Finder tab for How to fix outgoing mail server.
- Step 2:Press the Cmd, Shift, and G keys at the same time.
- Step 3:Type the
- Step 4:Find the ‘Accounts.plist’ file and then make a copy of it for later use.
- Step 5:Double-click the Accounts.plist file and find the ‘UserAllowInsecureAuthentication ’ line.
- Step 6:Replace the word ‘false’ with ‘true’ from the searched line and then save the file.
- Step 7:Close the Accounts.plist file and then launch the Mail application.
How to fix outgoing mail server on outlook?
Follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below to resolve the outgoing mail server problem on Outlook.
- Step 1:Launch the Outlook 2010 application on your Windows computer.
- Step 2:Click File and then click the Info option on the left panel.
- Step 3:On the main panel, select the Accounts Settings option from the Accounts Settings drop-down menu.
- Step 4:In the Accounts Settings window, double-click the email address that you need to fix.
- Step 5:Now, the Change Account window displays on the screen.
- Step 6:In the User Information section, provide your name and Email address in the respective fields.
- Step 7:Move to the Server Information section and then fill the Account Type, Incoming Mail Server, and Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) fields
- Step 8:Also, fill the Username and Password fields in the Logon Information section.
- Step 9:Select the checkbox next to the ‘Remember Password’ and ‘Test Account Settings by clicking the Next button’ option.
- Step 10:Move the cursor to the More Settings button and then click it to view the Internet E-mail Settings window on the screen.
- Step 11:Click the Advanced tab and then enter ‘25’ in the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) field. If you want to use TLS/SSL encrypted SMTP server, enter ‘587’ or ‘465’ as the port numbers, respectively.
- Step 12:Click the OK button followed by the Next button in the Internet Email Settings window.
- Step 13:Outlook sends and receives a test email automatically. As soon as you see a green tick next to the ‘Log onto incoming mail server (POP3)’ and ‘Send test e-mail message’ options, click the Close button.
- Step 14:Click the Finish button in the Change Account window.
How to fix outgoing mail server on Windows 10?
Refer to the instructions mentioned below to rectify the outgoing mail server issue on Windows 10.
STEP 1 - ADDING PORT NUMBER TO YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT
- Press the Win and S keys at the same time to view the search bar.
- Enter ‘Mail’ and then select the Mail option.
- After clicking the Settings icon, select the Manage Accounts option.
- In the Manage Accounts window, select the Add Account option.
- When you see the Choose An Account window, click the Advanced Setup option.
- Select the Internet Email option and then fill the required fields with the correct information. Make sure to set the port number correctly in the Port field.
- If needed, enable the SSL protocol for both the incoming and outgoing mail servers.
- Finally, click Save Changes to save the server settings.
STEP 2 - REMOVING AND THEN ADDING YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT
- In the Mail application, go to the Accounts section.
- After right-clicking the email account, select the Account Settings option.
- Select the Delete Account option followed by the Delete button for confirmation.
- Perform the step 1 mentioned above to re-add your email account.
STEP 3 - DISABLING SSL ENCRYPTION
- While configuring the account settings, remove the checkmark next to the ‘Require SSL for incoming email’ and ‘Require SSL for outgoing email’ options.
- You are recommended not to disable the SSL encryption for security purposes.
- Prefer this solution if the problem is not resolved even after performing the steps mentioned above.
How to fix outgoing mail server offline?
To know how to fix the outgoing mail server offline problem in the Mail application on your Mac computer, refer to the steps below.
- Step 1:On the Mac desktop, click the Go tab.
- Step 2:Select the Applications option to view the Applications window.
- Step 3:On the main panel, select the Mail icon.
- Step 4:Click the Mailbox tab and then select the Online Status option followed by the Take Account Online option.
- Step 5:Check if the issue has been resolved.
- Step 6:If the problem persists, check if all the required details are correctly filled in the server settings section.
- Step 7:If you don't know How to fix outgoing mail server, You can get help from our technical experts to fix this issue by clicking the Call button on this page.