How To Fix Yahoo Mail Cannot Connect To Server?
Yahoo mail failed to connect to the server is a common issue faced by most of the iPhone users. As soon as this error message is displayed on your device screen, check if the device has a stable internet connection. If not, connect it to a stable internet connection. Then, sign in to your Yahoo mail account. If the Yahoo mail cannot connect to server issue persists, try some of the possible troubleshooting instructions given below.
- Step 1:On your iPhone device and close the Mail application.
- Step 2:Go to the home screen of your device.
- Step 3:Swipe up the Home Gesture Bar.
- Step 4:Now, the recently opened applications will be listed.
- Step 5:Locate the Mail application and swipe it up.
- Step 6:The Mail application will be closed successfully.
- Step 7:Now, launch the Mail application again and try to connect to your Yahoo mail account.
To solve Yahoo mail cannot connect to server issue on your iPhone device, perform the quick steps given below.
- Step 1:Turn on your device’s Data by tapping the Cellular Data icon.
- Step 2:Otherwise, go to your iPhone’s Settings section.
- Step 3:Tap Cellular > Cellular Data.
- Step 4:If the Data option is turned ON, turn it OFF by tapping the toggle button beside it.
- Step 5:Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Step 6:Then, turn on the Cellular Data.
- Step 7:If this method does not solve the issue, then reset your network settings by following the instructions given below.
Steps to Reset the Network Settings on iPhone Device:
- Step 1:Go to your iPhone’s Settings section.
- Step 2:Tap General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Step 3:Now, restart your iPhone device.
- Step 4:Then, reconfigure the Wi-Fi network settings from the beginning.
- Step 5:If the Yahoo mail not connecting to server issue persists, remove and re-add your Yahoo account in the Mail application on your iPhone.
To remove your Yahoo Email Account, initially, open the iPhone Settings.
- Step 1:Locate and tap the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option.
- Step 2:Touch the Yahoo! Mail option.
- Step 3:Scroll down the Yahoo Mail screen, tap the Delete Account command link.
- Step 4:Restart your iPhone device.
- Step 5:Now, re-add your Yahoo account manually by following the instructions given below.
- Step 6:Navigate to the Accounts & Passwords section.
- Step 7:Tap Add Account > Other > Add Mail Account.
- Step 8:Now, a dialog box prompting you to enter your Yahoo mail account’s user ID and password. Type the required details.
- Step 9:Type the address imap.mail.yahoo.com in the Incoming Mail Server i.e., IMAP text field.
- Step 10:If prompted, enter your user name and password in the given fields.
- Step 11:Tap the Outgoing Mail Server field and enter smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- Step 12:Now, the Account verification process begins, wait for it to complete.
- Step 13:After the verification process, select the preferences as per your desire.
- Step 14:Now, launch the Mail application on your iPhone.
- Step 15:Try to sign in to your Yahoo mail account.
- Step 16:If the issue is resolved, your Yahoo mail account will open.
- Step 17:If not, the Yahoo mail cannot connect to server issue persists.
- Step 18:Contact us to get remote assistance in solving this issue.