How To Fix Yahoo Mail Going To Trash?
You might come across situations when all of your Yahoo mail are sent to the Trash folder. You will not be able to see any emails in your Inbox. You cannot send any of your emails, and the ones you should be receiving will go directly to Trash. To resolve how to fix Yahoo Mail going to trash issue, follow the instructions given below:
- Step 1:On your computer, laptop, or any other device, navigate to your Yahoo email account.
- Step 2:Click the Gear icon.
- Step 3:Select the Account Info option. Next, type in your password.
- Step 4:Now, change your password and check the Update password-reset info.
- Step 5:Choose the Update your contact information option.
- Step 6:Here, check all of your email addresses. If you find any email address that you do not know or find it unfamiliar, remove it now.
- Step 7:Next, add your mobile number and save it.
It is possible that your Yahoo account might have been hacked. That can be one of the reasons why the emails that you must receive in your Inbox are automatically sent to Trash. Now, follow how to fix Yahoo Mail going to trash issue:
- Step 1:So let us now see how to fix all the changes that have been (probably) made by the hacker.
- Step 2:Get back to your Yahoo Email Account. Click the Gear icon.
- Step 3:Then, select the Settings option. Under Settings, choose the Accounts option.
- Step 4:Click the Edit button. In case you see anything in the Reply-to address text box, delete it.
- Step 5:If you find that the radio button for the Forward option has been selected, change it to the POP option.
- Step 6:Click the Save button. Click Save again.
Now, let us pay attention to the emails that land up in the Trash folder:
- Step 1:In your Yahoo email account, click the Gear icon.
- Step 2:Then, select the Settings option.
- Step 3:Under Settings, select the Filters option.
- Step 4:If you see any filters, delete all of them.
- Step 5:In case you are not able to find any filters, it means that they are hidden.
- Step 6:To view the filter that is hidden, click the Add button. Then, assign the name “Testing” to that filter.
- Step 7:For the Sender field, under Match case, add abc. Click the Save button.
- Step 8:Once you save the filter, you will be able to see the hacker’s filter appearing on your screen. You will not see any name. But you can see just a DOT.
- Step 9:Now, delete both the Testing and DOT filters. Then, click the Save button.
- Step 10:From now onwards, you will receive all your emails in the Inbox, as usual. They will not go to your Trash.
- Step 11:Your old emails will be deleted. In some cases, your emails would have been moved to the hidden folder. In this case, you can recover your emails.
- Step 12:If you wish to retrieve any email, you have to search for it by using the Search bar.
- Step 13:For how to fix Yahoo Mail going to trash remote assistance, contact us.