Adding a hyperlink to your email helps the recipient to easily visit the web page just by clicking the hyperlink, instead of typing the web address themselves. Almost all the email service providers have this feature to add hyperlinks along with the mail body.This article will explain you ‘How to insert a link into an e-mail?’
A general method to add a hyperlink:
The general steps for inserting a hyperlink in an email are given below.
- Step 1:Log in to your email account using a web browser.
- Step 2:Click the compose button.
- Step 3:In the Compose window, enter the content for the hyperlink and select it.
- Step 4:Now, click the hyperlink icon.
- Step 5:In the pop-up window, type the web address and click Add or Insert.
- Step 6:The selected content can be seen as a hyperlink in the Compose window.
Insert a hyperlink in Gmail:
The steps given below will help you to insert a hyperlink into your Gmail email.
- Step 1:Open a web browser and go to the sign-in page of Gmail.
- Step 2:Enter the email address and password of your Gmail account correctly and click the Sign in button.
- Step 3:When the home page of your Gmail account is displayed in the web browser, click the Compose button.
- Step 4:Enter the recipient email address in the To field and give a subject of your email.
- Step 5:Now, type the email body.
- Step 6:Select the content or words that you want to use as the hyperlink. For example, let the hyperlink content be ‘click here to visit our website.’
- Step 7:After selecting the content, click the insert link icon at the bottom of the compose window. You can also press the Ctrl and K buttons together on a Windows computer, or the Command and K buttons on a Mac computer.
- Step 8:This will open the Edit Link window.
- Step 9:The Text to display field will have the content you highlighted.
- Step 10:Now, select the Web address option and enter the URL in the text field.
- Step 11:Click the OK button.
- Step 12:Now, you can notice the selected content ‘click here to visit our website’ will be shown as an URL in the compose window.
- Step 13:When your email is sent, the recipient will be redirected to the URL you inserted once the link is clicked.