How to Mail Merge in Office 365?
If you have no idea about the mail merge feature and its purpose, then this section will explain it to you. Mail merge allows you to send personalized emails when you send multiple emails, but all by composing a single email. Yes, in order to send personalized emails to a large number of recipients, you don’t want to compose as many emails. Instead, compose a single email body and create personalized greetings line and other fields by using the mail merge feature. You can have all these fields, including the recipient email addresses in a single MS Excel sheet. To know how to mail merge in Office 365, follow the instructions given below.
- Step 1:First, select the location that acts as a source of data — for example, Excel spreadsheets and Outlook contacts.
- Step 2:Now, begin the mail merge process, as discussed below.
- Step 3:The section below explains the mail merge process using Outlook contacts.
- Step 4:You can also use Excel Spreadsheets as the source of data.
Using Outlook Contacts for Mail Merge
- Step 1: On your computer, launch the Outlook 2013, 2016, or 2019 application.
- Step 2: Now, select the contact names you wish to include for mail merge from the Contacts
- Step 3: Click the Home menu,followed by Mail Merge.
- Step 4: Now, the Mail Merge Contactspop-up dialog box will open.
- Step 5: Select the Contacts and Document file options as per your needs on the displayed dialog box.
- Step 6: If you wish to use the selected contacts and document formats in the future, then, enable the Permanent fileoption on the same dialog box.
- Step 7: Now, open a Word Document on your computerand click the Mailing
- Step 8: Click on the Start Mail Merge drop-down menu and select the E-mail Messages option.
- Step 9: Compose the body of your email. Now, click the Select Recipients drop-down menu and insert the Outlook contacts in the merge fields appropriately.
- Step 10: You can also add a personalized greeting line for all your email recipients from the Greeting Line drop-down menu.
- Step 11: Click the File menu and select the Save option to save the e-mail messages.
- Step 12: After completing it, click the Preview Results option,followed by the Nextor Previous
- Step 13: Now, click the Finish
- Step 14: Select the Finish & Merge
- Step 15: Wait for the on-going process to complete.
- Step 16: Once it is completed, choose the Print Documents or Send E-mail Messages option based on your desire.
If you have queries on how to mail merge in Office 365 OR other accounts, instant assistant contact us.