How To Mail Merge Labels From Excel To Word
The Mail Merge feature on the Microsoft Word program helps you to merge an excel sheet data to a Word document to create labels for printing. Follow the below procedure to mail merge labels from Microsoft Excel to Word.
Create an Excel sheet:
- Step 1:Open the MS Excel application on the desktop and click the New menu to create a new Excel sheet.
- Step 2:Type the headings of the label like First Name, Last Name, Address, and Contact Number in the first row.
- Step 3:Enter the details in each column. A label includes all the details you entered in a row.
- Step 4:Finally, the number of labels is equal to the number of rows of information.
- Step 5:Make sure not to leave blank rows or columns, as this can create an empty label and data loss in the label.
- Step 6:After all the details are entered, save the file.
Mail Merge on Word:
- Step 1:Launch the Word program and open a blank document.
- Step 2:Click the Mailings tab. Following that, select the Start Mail Merge menu and choose Labels from the given options.
- Step 3:Now, the Label Options window shows up. Choose the label style from the Label vendors drop-down menu and select the Product number.
- Step 4:Click the small table selector button on the document to select the invisible table and then go to the Home tab. Select the Border icon and choose All Borders.
- Step 5:Return to the Mailings tab and click Select Recipients. Then, select Use an Existing List.
- Step 6:Next, browse the Excel sheet you created and click Open.
- Step 7:Click on the first label at the left corner of the document. Following that, click Insert Merge Field.
- Step 8:The fields you saved in the Excel Sheet appears in a list, move the cursor to the position where you want to put the field on the label and choose the field from the list.
- Step 9:Edit the Labels as you want by using the menus in the Home section and then select Update Labels in the Mailings section.
- Step 10:After the Labels are ready, click the table selector button again and choose No Border under Home.
- Step 11:In the Mailings tab, select Finish & Merge and choose Edit Individual Documents to preview the labels.
- Step 12:Another Word Document opens with the Label template you created; save it if needed.
- Step 13:Now, select the Print Documents option under Finish & Merge to proceed to print the label.