How To Refresh Mail On Mac ?
Apple mail is an email client designed by Apple. The Apple mail app is supported on Mac OS, iOS, and Watch OS. The Apple mail was included first in the Mac OS X Panther back in 2003.
The Mac system usually checks the email account for new mail if online. You can even set a scheduled time to look for updates.But to manually refresh mail On Mac, the mac has a shortcut key.Performing the shortcut function will contact the email server and retrieve any new mail instantly. It is a centralized mailing application that keeps the users logged in.By default, the Mail app on Mac is configured in a way to automatically lookout for new emails at regular intervals.It is also not the right kind of setting for everyone.
There are three ways by which you can refresh for a new mail in the Apple mail app.
- Keyboard Shortcut
- Refresh From Mailbox Menu
- Change Mail App Update Frequency
- Step 1:The keyboard shortcut for the mail refresh is: Command + Shift + N.
- Step 2:The Mails app on the Mac platform is the same as the Microsoft application Outlook.
- Step 3:The shortcut key does not work without an Internet connection.
- Step 4:The shift key is the mandatory one in the shortcut method.
Refresh Using Mailbox Menu
- Step 1:Open the Apple mail application.
- Step 2:On the top of the screen, click on the mailbox button and click the option Get All New Mail.
- Step 3:Clicking the option will refresh mail On Mac and bring in new emails if available.
Change App Update Frequency
- Step 1:On the top pane of the mail application, click on the Preferences option.
- Step 2:A new window will open, you will find different tabs.
- Step 3:Click the General tab, and from the options, select Every Minute.
- Step 4:Performing the action will connect the mail servers every minute and fetch new emails.