How to send encrypted email?
To know how to send encrypted email that are enables sharing messages privately and securely. Whenever you send an encrypted email, the plain text gets changed into ciphertext.
Carry out these steps to send an encrypted email from outlook.
- The signing certificate s/mime should be installed on your computer.
- The recipient must have an application that supports the s/mime encryption to decipher the received message.
- Step 1:On your outlook, click on the file tab options trust center trust center settings.
- Step 2:Click the encrypted email option from the email security tab.
- Step 3:Select the 'encrypt contents and attachments for outgoing messages' checkbox.
- Step 4:Use the settings option to choose the specific certificate for additional features.
- Step 5:Now, compose a new mail and click send to deliver the email with the encrypted format.
How to send encrypted email via gmail?
Gmail is used for sending and receiving mails, but it does not have any inbuilt features for sending encrypted emails.However, some third-party extensions are available in the chrome web store for sending encrypted emails from gmail.Follow these steps to send encrypted email via gmail using an extension:
- Step 1:Open your chrome browser and navigate to gmail.
- Step 2:Log in to your gmail account using your email-id and password and then know how to send encrypted email
- Step 3:Select menu(three vertical dots) options at the top-right corner of the chrome browser and select more tools extensions.
- Step 4:Go to the main menu and select open chrome web store.
- Step 5:Type ‘secure mail’ in the search bar and add the secure mail for gmail extension.
- Step 6:A notification will pop-up intimating that the extension is added to your gmail account.
- Step 7:Now, close all the other tabs and open the gmail window.
- Step 8:After refreshing your account, you can view the lock icon near the compose button.
- Step 9:Click on the lock button to compose an encrypted email.
- Step 10:After composing the email, set the encryption password and password hint.
- Step 11:Click on the encrypt and send button to send the encrypted email.
- Step 12:Make sure the recipient has the secure mail extension added to his/her gmail account.
- Step 13:You must share this password with the recipient to enable to them decrypt the received message.
How to send encrypted email via outlook?
Outlook supports two encryption methods, namely s/mime encryption and office 365 message encryption.In the new outlook application, the permission button is replaced with the encrypt button.You can access the s/mime option if you have configured the s/mime certificate in outlook.Follow these steps to send an encrypted email with s/mime:
- Step 1:Open your outlook and select file options trust center trust center settings.
- Step 2:Choose email security from the left side panel.
- Step 3:Select the settings button under encrypted email.
- Step 4:Under the certificates and algorithms column, click on the choose option and select s/mime certificate ok.
- Step 5:If you are using office insider (prime member) with office 365 subscription, you can choose options in an email message and select encrypt encrypt with s/mime from the drop-down menu.
- Step 6:If you are using outlook 2016 or outlook 2019, you can choose options and select permissions.
- Step 7:Finally, click send after composing the email.
- Step 8:You can also set encryption for your outgoing messages by default, but your recipient must have your digital id to decipher the sent text finally you know how to send encrypted email.