How to test gmail smtp connection?
- Step 1:First, check if the SMTP server is using port 25 to communicate and know how to test smtp server.
- Step 2:Find the SMTP email server and the port number in the next step.
- Step 3:Next, you have to launch the command prompt and key in telnet [SMTP_email-server] [Port number]
- Step 4:The SMTP mail server will be displayed in the proceeding step, and the address will start with 220.
- Step 5:If it connects, then type ‘helo,’ and you will receive the same response.
- Step 6:Now, you have to type ‘ehlo,’ and the server attributes will be displayed on your system.
- Step 7:If the above-mentioned process becomes successful, then the SMTP connection is working properly.
- Step 8:Key in Quit and tap the Enter key to exit from the session.
How to test smtp connection with telnet?
- Step 1:Open the command prompts on your computer and specify telnet in the first step.
- Step 2:Key in setLocalEcho to enable that feature and press the Enter button.
- Step 3:Mention the command localhost 25 in the next step. If you are making use of another port, then specify that number instead of 25. To know how to test smtp server
- Step 4:Type helo me and enter a fake email address in the From field and then specify an address in To field as well.
- Step 5:In the next step, key in ‘Data’ with a capital D and tap the Enter key.
- Step 6:Enter the subject line for the email once you type the Subject command.
- Step 7:Press the Enter button twice. After you enter a period, tap the Enter key one more time.
- Step 8:Specify the command Quit twice to close the SMTP server and exit from the telnet utility.
How to test smtp connection without telnet
- Step 1:You can make use of the ncat or nc tool if you do not have telnet.
- Step 2:Now, open the terminal on your Linux system and specify ‘sudo yum install nmap-ncat -y’ to install the tool.
- Step 3:Once it is installed, you have to check the connection. To do so, you have to type ‘nc -v -u smtp.example.com 587.’
- Step 4:After a successful connection, it will display the address to which it is connected.
How to test smtp connection in linux
- Step 1:To test the SMTP connection, you have to install the telnet utility.
- Step 2:It is a protocol that is used to communicate from one host to another.
- Step 3:Type sudo yum install telnet command and tap the Enter key to start installing the telnet utility on your linux system.
- Step 4:The next step is to key in the command telnet followed by the hostname and port number using the following syntax: Telnet[hostname] [port no]
- Step 5:If it is connected properly, then the hostname will be displayed next to the Connected message.
Show to test smtp connection in windows
- Step 1:In order to test the SMTP connection, you can use the SMTP Server Test Tool.
- Step 2:It is a third-party tool that will help you access the SMTP server easily.
- Step 3:Make sure you have downloaded the SMTP Server Test tool and then tap the Gear icon to begin the process.
- Step 4:Once the terminal screen opens, select the Connection option from m the Actions tab.
- Step 5:The next step of the testing procedure is to enter the SMTP server data such as Server, Port, and the Local IP.
- Step 6:Click the connect button after entering the necessary details.
- Step 7:If the connection is established successfully, a connected message will be displayed indicating the same.
How to test smtp server from command line
- Step 1:In the initial step, launch the command prompt window, key in telnet, and tap the Enter key.
- Step 2:To enable the local echo feature, you have to mention the set Local Echo command.
- Step 3:Next, specify open <machine name> 25. 25 is the default port of SMTP.
- Step 4:Once the output is displayed, key in hele me.
- Step 5:After you obtain the correct output, specify an email address in the Recipient field.
- Step 6:Now, enter Data and press the Enter button.
- Step 7:Mention a subject for the mail and type Testing. Tap the Enter button.
- Step 8:To close the SMTP server, specify Quit finally you know how to test smtp server.