How To Track Ip Address From Email
Let us see how to find and copy an email header. We can then paste the same into a tool called Trace Email Analyzer. By doing this, we can track the IP address of the sender. The Trace Email tool allows you to track down where the emails (that you receive) come from. In other words, we can say that the source of a received email can be traced.
The Trace Email tool scrutinizes the header, which is a part of the email you receive. By examining the header, the Trace Email tool finds out the source IP address.
Finding the header of an email depends on the email program that you are using. For instance, if you are using Gmail, follow these steps you can find how to track ip address from email:
- Step 1:First, open the email message that you wish to view.
- Step 2:Next to the Reply link, you will see a down arrow. Click this down arrow.
- Step 3:Now, choose the Show Original option to open a new window with the full headers.
Method to trace an Email:
- Step 1:First, locate the header for your email provider.
- Step 2:Open the email that you wish to trace. Find the mail’s header.
- Step 3:Copy the header. Then, paste it into the Trace Email Analyzer tool.
- Step 4:Click the Get Source button.
- Step 5:The Trace Email Analyzer tool will now provide the results. i.e., the IP address and other details of the source email.
- Step 6:In some cases, people send emails with forged headers. These forged or false headers are common in spam mails and unwanted mails.
- Step 7:Such mails might contain viruses or malicious software. The Trace Email Analyzer tool cannot detect forged emails.
- Step 8:By using these steps we can execute that how to track ip address from email.