iCloud Mail Connection Error Solution
All Mac users possessing an Apple ID will have an iCloud email account. The iCloud mail is a free account that offers 5GB storage capacity. You can store, modify, or delete your emails in the iCloud mail. One of the common errors encountered in iCloud is the Connection error. This iCloud mail connection error occurs due to misconfigured network settings. This could also occur if the connection to the server has failed.
- Step 1:Basically, when you encounter this kind of error, the first thing you have to check is your internet connection.
- Step 2:If the network status shows not connected, then connect to Wi-Fi or turn on the Cellular data on your iPhone.
- Step 3:Now, connect your device to a stable network and check if the connection error has been resolved.
If not, try some of the troubleshooting methods discussed below to solve the iCloud email connection error on your iPhone.
Method 1: Restart your iPhone
- Step 1:In some cases, a restart has fixed this error.
- Step 2:Press and hold the Power button.
- Step 3:Now, slide to power off will appear on the screen.
- Step 4:Once your iPhone has been turned off, wait for some time.
- Step 5:Press and hold the Power button on your iPhone for a while and release it once the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Step 6:After restarting the iPhone device, check if the iCloud mail connection error is resolved.
Method 2: Remove and Re-add iCloud mail account
- Step 1:If the connection error persists, then delete and re-add the mail account on your iPhone.
- Step 2:The benefit of performing doing this is, when you re-add your iCloud account’s username and password, the chance of error occurrence is less, and the mail account will start working as usual.
- Step 3:To re-add your iCloud Mail account, navigate to your iPhone’s Settings section.
- Step 4:Select the Passwords & Accounts option.
- Step 5:Now, a list of mail accounts configured on your iPhone will appear on the screen.
- Step 6:Choose the iCloud mail account and tap the Delete Account option.
- Step 7:This will remove the iCloud account from your iPhone.
- Step 8:To re-add it, navigate to the Account & Passwords section and perform the account configuration process.
- Step 9:After re-adding the account, check if the iCloud mail connection error is resolved.
- Step 10:If not, reset your iPhone’s Network Settings.
Method 3: Reset Network Settings
- Step 1:This method is effective to solve the error Cannot Get Mail: The connection to the server failed.
- Step 2:Open the Settings application.
- Step 3:Select General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Step 4:If prompted, enter your password.
- Step 5:Choose the Reset Network Settings option.
- Step 6:Wait for the reset process to get completed.
- Step 7:After the reset, restart your iPhone.
- Step 8:Check if the iCloud Mail connection error is resolved.
- Step 9:If not, contact us.