Icloud Mail Not Working on Ipad/Iphone
In case iCloud Mail Not Working on Ipad / iPhone, it means that you cannot send or receive emails. There are some solutions available using which you can resolve this issue. Before going ahead with the troubleshooting methods, we need to be clear on certain things:
Whenever you perform an iOS backup in iCloud, your emails will not be backed up. Only your mail settings will get backed up. In case you are changing or deleting the email account settings, it might result in the removal of the previously downloaded emails from your iOS device.
Now, let’s see how we can try to solve the problem at hand:
- Step 1: First, confirm that your iOS device is connected to the internet.
- Step 2: Next, contact your email service provider and see if there is any service outage.
- Step 3: If you are unable to access your email account or send/receive messages using your @iCloud.com email address, try the following troubleshooters.
1.Try checking your Outbox for any unsent emails:
- Step 1: In case you receive a message that states that your email was not sent, then that email would go straight into your Outbox. Now, you have to check the Outbox and then try to send the same email one more time. To do the same, please follow the steps given here:
- Step 2: On your iOS device, go to Mail and then tap Mailboxes. You can find Mailboxes in the upper-left corner of the device.
- Step 3: From the list of items that you see under Mailboxes, tap Outbox.
- Step 4: In case you are not able to see any email in Outbox, it means that your email has been sent successfully.
- Step 5: If there is an unsent email in your Outbox, tap on that email. Confirm that the email address of the recipient is correct.
- Step 6: Finally, tap the Send button on the iOS device.
Now, check whether iCloud has started working on your iOS device. If the persists, go on to the next method.
2.Checking if your email address and password are correct:
- Step 1:First, you should make sure that you enter the correct email address and password when you sign in to your account.
- Step 2:If you have, indeed, entered the correct email address and password, but the issue persists, try contacting your email service provider or system administrator.
The above method should resolve the error and get iCloud back on its feet on your iOS device.
We have now discussed the iCloud Mail Not Working on Ipad / iPhone
issue and also have seen a couple of solutions to solve the problem.