Icloud Mail Not Working on Mac
In case you cannot send/receive emails using your @icloud.com email address or iCloud Mail Not Working on Mac, please do the following:
- Step 1: iCloud Mail accounts need OS X 10.7.5 or a later version. Therefore, update your computer to the latest macOS version.
- Step 2: Navigate to the System Status page and then check your iCloud Mail.
At times, you might encounter specific issues while using iCloud Mail on your Mac. Some of those issues and the means to resolve them are described below:
If you are receiving an alert while trying to send an email from your @icloud.com email address on Mac, please follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: On your Mac, open Mail and then go to Mail > Preferences.
- Step 2: Next, click the Accounts tab.
- Step 3: Choose your iCloud email account.
- Step 4: Now, click the Account Information tab.
- Step 5: From the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) menu, select your iCloud email account.
Note: In case you have selected the Edit SMTP Server List option, you will not be able to see the iCloud SMTP server as an option.
In case the recipient does not receive your email message, then please carry out the following instructions:
- Step 1:Right after you send a message to a person, if you see the unknown address or the undelivered mail returned message in your Inbox, try doing the following:
- Step 2:Go to the Sent emails section and then confirm that the email address of your recipient is correct.
- Step 3:If you are making use of Safari or any other supported web browser on your Mac (to access your iCloud Mail), you have to check the Sent, Drafts, and Outbox mailboxes.
- Step 4:In case you find any unsent copy of your email in the Drafts folder, please make an attempt to send it one more time.
- Step 5:In case you find the unsent email in your Outbox, then ensure that you are connected to the Internet.
- Step 6:You can also try asking your recipient to check their Junk mail folders.
- Step 7:Sometimes, your message might have been sent without any alert or you might not have received the undelivered mail message. But still, if the mail has not been delivered to the recipient, it could be because of any one of the following:
- Step 8:The message could have been filtered or blocked by the iCloud Mail server.
- Step 9:The message might have been blocked by the recipient’s mail server.
- Step 10:To resolve the issue, you can request your recipient to contact the email administrator.
In case you are able to receive your emails, but you cannot send them, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) could be blocking SMTP across their network. (SMTP is the protocol that is used to send your emails).
- Step 2: Therefore, please contact your ISP. Ask them about the SMTP traffic over their network to iCloud Mail.
- Step 3: If you find that your ISP is blocking SMTP traffic, then ask them how you can be excluded from the SMTP blocking.
We have now discussed the iCloud Mail not working on Mac issue. We have also seen the steps involved in resolving the issue.