How To fix IMAP AOL Server Not Responding Issue?
If the IMAP AOL Server Not Responding, there can be multiple reasons behind it, like weak network connection, wrong login credentials, or some technical barriers. You can fix this issue within few minutes by following the methods explained on this page and access your AOL mail account without any issues.
SIGN IN THROUGH A WEB BROWSER:
- Step 1: Launch a web browser on your Windows computer and go to the official AOL sign-in page.
- Step 2: Enter your login credentials in the required text fields and click Sign In.
- Step 3: If you can’t sign in to your account, check the network connection.
- Step 4: Turn OFF the VPN apps on your computer if you have enabled any.
- Step 5: If the server is down, log in after few minutes.
- Step 6: Still, if the same issue happens, try to update your browser.
CHECK THE IMAP SERVER SETTINGS IN THE EMAIL CLIENT:
If the IMAP server setting is not configured properly in your email client, you can’t sign in to the AOL mail account which indicates IMAP AOL Server Not Responding isssue. The below steps explain how to check the IMAP server settings for AOL in Outlook.
- step 1: Launch the Outlook app on your Windows computer.
- step 2: To view the AOL Server Settings configured in Outlook, click Files > Info > Account Settings > Server Settings.
- step 3: Under the Account Type drop-down box, select IMAP.
- step 4: Check if the Incoming mail server is correct – ‘imap.aol.com’
- step 5: In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) text box, check if ‘smtp.aol.com’ is entered.
- step 6: Under the Logon Information, make sure you have entered your AOL login credentials correctly to fix IMAP AOL Server Not Responding issue.
- step 7: In the same dialog box, click More Settings > Outgoing server (SMTP).
- step 8: Make sure the My outgoing (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox is ticked.
- step 9: Check if the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button is selected.
- step 10: Now, click the Advanced tab, and check the port number in the Incoming server (IMAP) text box; it should be ‘993.’ Next, check the Outgoing server's (SMTP) text box and it should be ‘465.’ If the values are not correct, change the port numbers as mentioned.
- step 11: If the server setting is complete, restart your computer and again sign in to the AOL account.
- step 12: Now, the server will recognize your AOL account and IMAP AOL Server Not Responding issue can be fixed.
CONFIGURING IMAP SETTINGS ON iOS DEVICES:
To clear the AOL IMAP server not responding issue on an iOS device, just remove and again add the AOL account. It will automatically clear this issue.
- step 1: On the iOS device, open Settings, then scroll down and tap Account & Password.
- step 2: Under Accounts & Password, tap the AOL email id, which is not responding, and then tap Delete Account.
- step 3: Go back to Account & Password and then tap Add account.
- step 4: Select AOL account and type your AOL user name and password in the text fields.
- step 5: Wait for few seconds; now, your IMAP AOL Server Not Responding should be solved on the iOS device.