Fixed: iPhone Mail App not Showing Attachments
If an attachment is not opening on your iPhone’s Mail app, then it might be due to an unsupported or corrupted file. Even if you try to open a large-sized file, then you might face this iPhone mail app not showing attachments issue. Resolve it by performing the step-by-step guidelines mentioned below.
Compatible or Supported File
- Step 1:Check if the attached file is compatible or supported by the Mail application.
- Step 2:If the file is incompatible, use some other application to open it.
- Step 3:If the attached file is compatible, proceed with the following troubleshooting steps.
Relaunch the Mail App
- Step 1:Exit the Mail application by pressing the Home button.
- Step 2:On the home screen, search for the Mail application and tap its icon to open.
- Step 3:Download the attachment and check if you can open it.
Restarting your iPhone
- Step 1:Hold the Power button until you see the Slide to Power Off screen.
- Step 2:Move the slider to turn off iPhone and leave it for thirty seconds.
- Step 3:Press the Power button again and hold it until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Mail App & iOS Software Update
- Step 1:Launch the App Store application on the iPhone, go to the Updates section, and check if the Mail application is listed.
- Step 2:If so, tap the Update option. If you do not see the Mail application, it indicates that the application has been updated already.
- Step 3:Navigate to the Settings screen, tap General -> Software Update, and follow the on-screen instructions to update the iOS software to the most recent version.
Set up the Email Account Again
- Step 1:Go to Settings -> Mail -> Accounts, select your email account, and tap Delete Account -> Delete from My iPhone.
- Step 2:Add the email account again by tapping Settings -> Accounts & Passwords -> Add Account.
Reset Network Settings
- Step 1:Tap the General option on the Settings screen and tap Reset -> Reset network settings.
- Step 2:Provide your passcode if prompted and tap the Reset option for confirmation.
- Step 3:Once done, reconnect the iPhone to Wi-Fi.
Reset All your Settings
- Step 1:Tap Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset all settings.
- Step 2:Type your passcode and select the Reset option to confirm.
- Step 3:All the settings will be reset to default on the iPhone.
- Step 4:After performing these steps, check if the iPhone mail app not showing attachments issue resolved or not.