Guide: mail.aol.com Change Password
mail.aol.com Change Password - To access your mail.aol.com account, you need your AOL email address and password. It’s good to change your password of mail.aol.com once in a while. Make sure it is unique from other passwords you are using.
It is necessary to change the mail.aol.com email account password if you think your email account has been hacked.
Irrespective of the reasons you have to change your password, here are the steps to change your mail.aol.com password.
Change your mail.aol.com password using a computer
- Step 1:Launch a browser on your computer.
- Step 2:Visit the AOL email account login page.
- Step 3:Enter your AOL email address and password correctly in the appropriate fields.
- Step 4:Click the Sign In button.
- Step 5:After you log into your mail.aol.com account, click your profile icon at the top-right corner.
- Step 6:Navigate to the Account Security tab in the left panel.
- Step 7:In the main panel, navigate to the How you sign in section and click the Change password link.
- Step 8:Create a new mail.aol.com password in the New password field.
- Step 9:Enter the same in the Confirm new password field to confirm.
- Step 10:Click the Continue button in the Set a new password window.
- Step 11:Once done with changing the mail.aol.com password, you will see the Your password has been updated message.
- Step 12:If necessary, add a recovery email address or phone number.
mail.aol.com Change Password using AOL App (iOS)
- Step 1:If you are using the AOL application to access your email account on your iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad) device, follow the steps to change the mail.aol.com password.
- Step 2:On your iOS device, locate the AOL icon and tap it.
- Step 3:In the AOL app's main interface, tap the Settings or gear-shaped icon at the lower-right corner.
- Step 4:Navigate to the Support section and select the Privacy dashboard option.
- Step 5:Tap the Your Account tab followed by the Your Account option.
- Step 6:When prompted, you have to enter the mail.aol.com login credentials.
- Step 7:Tap the Edit Account Info option next to Your Account.
- Step 8:When the Personal Info screen opens, navigate to Menu and select Account Security -> Change password.
- Step 9:Create a new mail.aol.com password and then tap the Continue option.
- Step 10:Tap the Looks good or Done option to finish the mail.aol.com change password process.