How To Resolve MAIL.AOL.COM Not Working Issue?
AOL is the acronym for America Online. It is an Internet portal and also an ISP (Internet Service Provider). Just like in any other email service, AOL Mail users also face some common problems. The most common one of those issues is that your MAIL.AOL.COM not working issue
Let us now see the reasons behind the issue and then continue with the troubleshooting techniques to resolve it.
Reasons Behind The Problem
- Step 1 : Frequent poweroutages might be the reason.
- Step 2 : There might be some issues with the AOL Mail server. It might be any issue like overloading of the server. Or else, the server could be down or unreachable owing to an outage or network issue. Otherwise, the website maintenance could be in progress.
- Step 3 : Heavy Internet traffic could very well be the cause.
- Step 4 : Your firewall may be the reason behind the problem. Sometimes, it might prevent you from connecting to AOL.
In such situations, when mail.aol.com is not working, you might be unable to log into AOL’s homepage or into your emails.
Now that we have discussed the reasons behind the problem, let us look into the troubleshooting methods and try to fix it.
Fixing Your Browser-Related Problems
In case the AOL site is up, but you cannot access the page, try performing the following instructions:
- Step 1 : Try refreshingthe webpage. You can achieve this task by pressing the CTRL and the F5 keys simultaneously on the web browser.
- Step 2 : Try utilizing alternative URLs, such as mailaol.com, aolmail.com, or webmail.aol.com
- Step 3 : Clear the temporary cache and cookies on your browser. This step is essential to ensure that you have the latest version of the webpage.
Fixing Your DNS Problems
A DNS (or Domain Name System) lets a website IP address (such as 192.168.x.x) to be identified with words (such as *.com). This type of service is normally offered by your ISP.
- Step 1 : Try clearing your local DNS cache to ensure that you get the most recent cache from your ISP. In case you are using a Windows computer, you can carry out the following instructions:
- Step 2 : In the Search box of your computer, type in
- Step 3 : From the displayed options, choose Command Prompt. The Command Prompt window will now open up.
- Step 4 : In the window, type in ipconfig / flushdns and then press the Enter
- Step 5 : In case you are able to access a website at your office or from a 3G network, but still, it is not working on your computer, try utilizing an alternative DNS service (instead of the DNS service provided by your ISP). Google Public DNS and OpenDNS are both free and very efficient public DNS services.
You have now seen the reasons and the troubleshooting methods to fix the MAIL.AOL.COM not working problem.