Mail Not Working In MacOS Catalina
You cannot send emails if the Mail application is not working on your macOS Catalina. The troubleshooting instructions to resolve the Mail not working in macOS Catalina are given on this web page.
- Step 1:Ensure that your macOS Catalina has access to a stable Internet.
- Step 1:Close all the running applications on macOS Catalina.
- Step 1:Connect your Mac computer to a Wi-Fi network. Hold the Option key, navigate to the Wi-Fi Status menu, and select the Wireless Diagnostics option.
- Step 1:If prompted, type your administrator name and password.
- Step 1:Note: If the Wi-Fi Status menu is not shown on the screen, go to the Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Network -> Wi-Fi -> Show Wi-Fi status in the menu bar.
- Step 1:Now, the Wireless Diagnostics window will appear on the screen.
- Step 1:Select the ‘Monitor my Wi-Fi connection’ option and click the Continue button.
- Step 1:Click the Info button to display the summary of the diagnostics. If any error is shown on the screen, restart your wireless router or modem.
- Step 1:Launch the main window of the Mail application on your macOS Catalina.
- Step 2:Select the Window option followed by the Connection Doctor option.
- Step 3:Click the Log Connection Activity option if there are any issues with the connection. To know the details of the issues, click the Show Logs button.
- Step 4:Delete your email account and re-add it.
- Step 5:After you restart the computer, launch the Mail application again.
- Step 1:Disable or uninstall any third-party security software from the computer
Mail plist file:
- Step 1:Navigate to the Finder application, click the Go option, and choose the Go To option.
- Step 2:Type ‘~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/’ without the single quotes in the Go to the folder field and click the Go button.
- Step 3:Go to the Preferences folder and search for ‘com.apple.mail.plist’, and delete it.
- Step 4:Once you restart the Mac computer, launch the Mail application again and check if it is working.
- Step 5:If the Mail not working in macOS Catalina problem persists, click the Call button available on this web page to get assistance from our technical experts.