Office 365 Imap Smtp Server Settings
In order to configure your Office 365 Imap Smtp Server Settings on any email client, you have to know what is server settings.
The incoming and outgoing server settings for the Office 365 account are listed below.
- Step 1:IMAP host name - Outlook.office365.com
- Step 4:SMTP host name - smtp.office365.com
- Step 6:Encryption - SSL/TLS
- Step 7:User name - Full email address of the Office 365 account
- Step 8:Password - Office 365 account’s password
Office 365 account setup on the Microsoft Outlook
Here are the instructions to set up the office 365 Imap SMTP server settings on the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Step 1:Click the Email tab followed by the New button in the Account Settings dialog window.
- Step 2:Select Manual setup or Additional server types
POP or IMAP
- Step 3:As soon as the POP and IMAP Account Settings dialog window opens, fill:
- Your Name
- Email Address
- Incoming Mail Server
- Outgoing Mail Server
- User Name
- Step 4:If needed, checkmark the box next to the ‘Require logon using Secure Password Authentication’ option.
- Step 5:Click the More Settings to open the Internet Email Settings dialog window.
- Step 6:Provide valid details in the necessary fields.
- Finish the Office 365 account configuration by clicking OK.
- Now, click Close.
Office 365 account configuration on the Mozilla Thunderbird
If you want to configure the office 365 Imap SMTP server settings account on the Mozilla Thunderbird application, carry out the procedure given below.
- Step 1:Click the Mozilla Thunderbird application icon to open its main interface on your computer.
- Step 2:Click the ‘Create a new Email account’ option. If prompted, select the ‘Skip this and use my existing email’ option.
- Step 3:Once you have filled the Your Name, Email Address, and Password fields, click the Continue button in the Mail Account Setup dialog window.
- Step 4:The Mozilla Thunderbird tries to add the Office 365 account and it will fail.
- Step 5:The ‘Thunderbird failed to find the settings for your email account’ message will display on the screen.
- Step 6:Make sure to enter the correct details in the following fields.
- Account Type
- Server Hostname (for both the incoming and outgoing servers)
- Step 7:Ensure that the username is the same for the incoming and outgoing servers.
- Step 8:Complete the Office 365 account configuration by clicking the Done button.
- Step 9:If prompted, type the email password and click the OK button in the Mail Server Password Required dialog box for performing office 365 Imap SMTP server settings.