How to resolve Outlook App Error 408?
If you receive the Outlook App Error 408 while signing into your email account from the Outlook application, carry out the troubleshooting steps to resolve this problem.
- Login Error - Request timed out.
- Please check your settings and try again. (408)
Re-configuring an email account in the Outlook application:
On a Windows Phone
- Step 1:Open the Outlook application on your Windows phone, tap the Settings option, and select Accounts -> Email & app accounts -> Add an account.
- Step 2:Choose Outlook.com, type the email address, and tap the Next option.
- Step 3:After entering the Outlook account’s password, tap the Sign In option.
- Step 4:If you had enabled the two-step verification already, confirm the request and tap Next.
- Step 5:Finally, select the Done option.
iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch:
- Step 1: Launch the Microsoft Outlook application on your iOS device.
- Step 2: Tap the Settings icon and select the Add Account option followed by the Add Email Account option.
- Step 3: Provide your email address and tap the Add Account option.
- Step 4: Once you enter the correct email account password, select the Sign In option.
- Step 5: If you see the ‘Let this app access your info’ message on the screen, tap the Yes option.
- Step 6: This will add the
Outlook email account to the Outlook application.
- Step 1: Tap the Outlook icon to open its application on your Android mobile phone.
- Step 2: Go to the Settings menu, tap the Add Account option, and select the Add an Email Account option.
- Step 3: Provide the correct email address and password of the email account and tap the Sign In option.
- Step 4: If two-step verification is enabled, confirm the sign-in request.
- Step 5: When the ‘Let this app access your info’ message displays on the screen, select the Yes option.
- Step 6: Check if the Outlook app error 408 problem has been resolved.
- Step 7: If not, click the Call button mentioned here to get assistance from our technical experts in resolving this problem.