Solved: Outlook App Error 701
To resolve the Outlook app error 701, carry out the troubleshooting steps mentioned here.
If you are using the Outlook app on a computer, then follow the troubleshooting steps given in this section.
- Step 1: First, check if the internet connection is stable and active.
- Step 2: If the network connection is not stable, troubleshoot the network problem.
Windows Firewall Settings:
- Step 1: The Windows firewall might also block the Outlook application.
- Step 2: Configure the Windows firewall settings. If needed, disable the firewall and check if the error 701 is resolved.
- Step 1: Make sure you have entered the correct incoming and outgoing mail server settings for your email account in the Outlook app.
- Step 2: If the information is incorrect, change them.
Re-installing the Outlook App:
- Step 1: Uninstall the Outlook application from your computer using the following steps.
- Step 2: Click the Start menu on the computer.
- Step 3: Click the Control Panel option and select the Add/Remove option.
- Step 4: Search for the Microsoft Outlook application from the Applications list and click the Remove option.
- Step 5: Continue with the on-screen prompts.
- Step 6: Once the Outlook application is removed, restart the computer.
- Step 7: After restarting the computer, install the application again by following the steps.
- Step 8: Insert a setup CD, run the setup application, and proceed with the rest of the on-screen guidelines.
- Step 9: Once done, check if the Outlook app error 701 has been resolved.
Android Mobile Phone:
If you are an Android mobile phone user, then make use of the steps mentioned in this section to clear the Outlook error.
- Step 1:Usually, the Outlook app will create a folder to store all the contents of the email account on your Android mobile phone.
- Step 2:Check if the Android mobile phone has adequate memory space.
- Step 3:At least, the Android mobile phone must have 1 GB storage free space to store the contents of the Outlook email.
Cache & Data of the Outlook App:
- Step 1: Launch the Settings application on the Android mobile phone.
- Step 2: Tap the Apps & Notifications option, navigate to All Apps, and find the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Step 3: Select the application and tap the Force Stop option.
- Step 4: Navigate to the Storage & Cache section and then select the Clear Storage option followed by the Clear Cache option.
- Step 5: This will clear all the cache data of the Microsoft Outlook application.
Installing the App Again:
- Step 1: Tap and hold the Outlook application and then drag it to the top of the screen over the Trash icon.
- Step 2: This will uninstall the Outlook application from the Android mobile phone.
- Step 3: Install the Outlook application again from the Google Play Store application.
- Step 4: Configure the mail server settings correctly.
- Step 5: If the Outlook app error 701 persists, get assistance from our technical support member by clicking the Call button available on this web page.