Solved: Outlook App Error Connecting With Server
Is your Outlook email client failing to connect to the server frequently? Then, troubleshooting the Outlook app would fix the problem. Refer to the quick steps given on our site to fix the Outlook app error connecting with server issue.
Solution 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps to Quickly Resolve the Problem
- Step 1: First, close the Outlook app and reboot your PC.
- Step 2: Check whether you have a stable Internet connection on your PC.
- Step 3: Open the Outlook app with administrator rights.
- Step 4: If you have a problem with the Internet connection, troubleshoot the wireless network issue.
- Step 5: After fixing the wireless network problem, launch the Outlook app.
- Step 6: Also, check if the Outlook app needs to be updated.
- Step 7: If an update is available, install the latest updates.
- Step 8: If the problem persists even after updating Outlook, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Disabling the Work Offline Mode in the Outlook App
- Step 1: On your computer, give a double-click on the Outlook shortcut icon to launch the app.
- Step 2: Click the Send/Receive tab from the menu bar.
- Step 3: Select the Work Offline option from the toolbar and turn it off.
- Step 4: Once you have disabled the Work Offline mode, check if the Outlook app error connecting with server issue resolved.
Solution 3: Verifying the Server Settings
- Step 1:In the Outlook window, click the File tab at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Step 2:Select Info from the left-side panel and click on Account Settings.
- Step 3:In the Account Settings window, go to the Next tab and click the Repair button.
- Step 4:In the Repair window, re-enter the email address and password.
- Step 5:Click Next to re-establish the server connection.
Solution 4: Repairing the Outlook App from the Application Manager
- Step 1: On your Windows computer, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Step 2: Type “appwiz.cpl” in the Run panel and click the OK button.
- Step 3: In the Application Manager, select the Microsoft Office entry and give a right-click on it.
- Step 4: Select the Change option from the pop-up menu.
- Step 5: In the next window, click the Repair radio button and click Continue.
- Step 6: Finish the process with the help of the on-screen prompts.
- Step 7: Finally, restart your computer and check if the Outlook app error connecting with server problem has been resolved.