Solve Outlook Shared Mailbox Not Updating Issue
There are some Microsoft Outlook users who are quite aware of the shared mailboxes and their uses. Outlook shared mailbox not updating issue is often seen. For people who are not aware, a shared mailbox is a mailbox that is allowed in Outlook. It can be easily accessed by more than one user with access permissions. The user can share and receive information through emails at a common mailbox platform.
Some of the benefits of a shared mailbox are:
- step 1: Easy synchronization at a single place
- step 2: Easy access to send and receive information
- step 3: Calendar sharing for added users
- step 4: Can easily work offline
- step 5: Resolving and sharing responsibilities
A shared mailbox plays an important role in the Microsoft Outlook application and can make the job more convenient for the team to work in any organization. With pros, there are also cons. When it comes to Outlook errors, there is a chance that the synchronization will fail and the Outlook shared mailbox will not update. The symptoms can be severe and sharing information can be difficult. The only way to solve the Outlook shared mailbox not updating issue is to allow access. Here are the steps.
DISCONNECT SHARED MAILBOX
If you have the Outlook application open, close it.
- Step 1: Open the Control Panel window on your computer.
- Step 2: Select the Mail option.
- Step 3: The Mail Setup pop-up window will now open.
- Step 4: Click the Email Accounts… button.
- Step 5: The Accounts Settings window will open.
- Step 6: Select the email account and click on the Change… button.
- Step 7: Under the Offline Settings section, click More Settings…
- Step 8: Click the Advanced tab and click Remove.
- Step 9: Click OK and continue reading to solve Outlook Shared Mailbox Not Updating issue.
RE-ADD SHARED MAILBOX
- step 1: Open the Outlook application.
- step 2: Click File.
- step 3: Select Account Settings > Delegate Access.
- step 4: In the Delegates pop-up window, select the user.
- step 5: Click the Add button and click OK.
- step 6: You can make changes in the Delegate Permissions window.
- step 7: Click the Calendar drop-down list and select Editor (can read, create, and modify items); click OK.
- step 8: From the left pane of the Outlook application window, right-click the shared mailbox.
- step 9: Choose Data File Properties…
- step 10: Click the Permissions tab.
- step 11: Select the Full Details radio button under Read.
- step 12: Click the checkbox for Folder Visible.
- step 13: Choose the user from the list, click the Add button, and then click OK.
Follow the procedure mentioned in this article to solve the Outlook shared mailbox not updating issue.