How To Do Protonmail Outlook Setup?
ProtonMail is a secure email service that encrypts and decrypts your mail as it enters and leaves your email account. Microsoft Outlook is a professional email client that allows you to configure all web-based email accounts using IMAP/POP and SMTP settings. If you wish to combine these services, you need to install the ProtonMail Bridge app. It allows for full integration of your ProtonMail account with Microsoft Outlook. For detailed instructions about the ProtonMail Outlook setup, go through the steps given below.
Installing ProtonMail Bridge:
- Step 1: On your Windows computer, open the default browser after ensuring that the Internet connection is stable.
- Step 2:Go to the official ProtonMail site and search for ProtonMail Bridge.
- Step 3:Click the Download button below Bridge for Windows.
- Step 4:After completing the download, launch the app and complete the installation by following the on-screen prompts.
Adding your email account to ProtonMail Bridge:
- step 1: Open the ProtonMail Bridge app and click the Add Account button.
- step 2: Enter your username (ProtonMail email address) and click Next.
- step 3: Enter your email account password and click Next.
- step 4: Click on Mailbox configuration –> Address configuration.
- step 5: Note down the IMAP and SMTP settings. You need these settings for the ProtonMail Outlook setup.
- step 6: Click on Log out and close the Bridge app.
Configuring ProtonMail account settings in the Outlook 2019 app:
- step 1: Launch the Outlook app by double-clicking its shortcut icon on the desktop.
- step 2: Navigate to the top-left corner and click the File tab.
- step 3: Select Info from the left-side panel and click the Add Account button.
- step 4: Input your ProtonMail email address in the Email address field.
- step 5: Choose Advanced options and select the Let me set up my account manually checkbox.
- step 6: Under Advanced setup, select IMAP.
- step 7: On the IMAP Account Settings page, enter the IMAP and SMTP server settings provided by the Bridge app.
- step 8: Click Next
- step 9: and enter your email account password in thePassword field.
- step 10: Finally, click the Connect
- step 11: button to add your ProtonMail account to the Outlook app.
- step 12: If you are prompted for a security warning, click Yes.
You have now completed the ProtonMail Outlook setup.