How To Configure Rackspace Outlook Setup?
Do you have a Rackspace email account? Have you configured it in an email client? If No, then you are still struggling to find a way to access the Rackspace email easier. Configuring your email account in email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, or Mailbird makes email access easier. You need not have to sign in to your webmail all the time for sending or receiving emails. Using the email server protocols, you can quickly configure Rackspace Outlook setup. Here we have given steps to configure your Rackspace email as an IMAP account in the Outlook 2016 app.
Email Server Settings For Rackspace Email:
Incoming mail server: imap.emailsrvr.com
Security type: SSL
Server port number: 993
Username: Your Rackspace email address
Password: Your Rackspace email account password
Rackspace Email With Outlook - Manual Setup:
- Step 1:On your computer, launch the Outlook app by double-clicking its shortcut icon on the desktop.
- Step 2:Click the File tab in the Outlook window.
- Step 3:Select the Info option from the left-side panel.
- Step 4:Click Add Account below Account Information.
- Step 5:On the Auto Account Setup screen, select the Manual setup or additional server types option and click Next to configure Rackspace Outlook setup.
- Step 6:On the Choose Service screen, select the POP or IMAP option.
- Step 7:Now, you should enter your account details in the User Information, Server Information, and Logon Information sections.
Configuring The Rackspace Email Server Settings:
- Step 1:On the POP and IMAP Account Settings page, go to the User Information section.
- Step 2:Give your email account a name in the Your Name field.
- Step 3:Input your email address in the Email Address field.
- Step 4:In the Server Information section, choose IMAP as your account type from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5:In the Incoming mail server section, enter ‘imap.emailsrvr.com’ as the incoming email server name.
- Step 6:Enter ‘smtp.emailsrvr.com’ as your outgoing email server name in the Outgoing mail server field.
- Step 7:Under Logon Information, enter your email address and password in the available fields to configure Rackspace Outlook setup..
- Step 8:Click on More Settings to open the Internet Email Settings window.
- Step 9:In the Outgoing Server tab, select the following options.
- Step 10:My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Step 11:Use same settings as my incoming mail server
- Step 12:In the Advanced tab, enter the incoming and outgoing mail server ports.
- Step 13:Choose the security type from the drop-down menu.
- Step 14:Click OK and select Test Account Settings to verify the configured Rackspace email server settings.
- Step 15:Once the verification is completed, click Next –> Finish.
You have now completed the Rackspace Outlook setup. if you aren’t able to set up the email account in the Outlook app, click the Call button on this page and contact our technical experts for assistance in resolving it.