How To Recover Contacts From OST File In Outlook Mail?
Offline Storage Table (OST) is the default file format that Outlook uses to save its data, including emails and contacts. It allows the users to access the data in the mailbox offline. But, if you want to access the OST files, you need to convert them into portable PST files. Usually, two methods can be used for retrieving the OST file contacts, namely manual and automated. Here are the two ways to Recover Contacts From OST File; choose the one which suits you.
- Step 1:In Outlook, the contacts can be recovered from the OST file format manually using the Outlook Import/Export feature.
- Step 2:On your computer, launch the Outlook application, and click on the File tab at the top left corner.
- Step 3:Next, click on the Open & Export option in the left pane and then hit on the Import/Export option.
- Step 4:Now, the Import and Export Wizard will appear. Here, choose the Export a file
- Step 1:There are few drawbacks in extracting the file manually as it is a time-consuming process. You may even end up with data loss, and if the OST file is corrupted, you cannot recover it. In these circumstances, you can choose an automated method for an easier approach.
- Step 2:Continue reading to Recover Contacts From OST File.
- Step 3:There are some third-party tools available in the market for recovering the OST files. Download any reputed OST to PST converter and install it on your computer by following the on-screen instructions; you can also download it for free.
- Step 4:Launch the application, browse the contacts in OST files on your system, and scan them.
- Step 5:Preview the files and export them into your preferred format.
- Step 6:This automated method of retrieving the files can extract the corrupted OST file as well and you can save your time drastically when compared to the manual method.
- Step 7:In this manner, you can Recover Contacts From OST File.