How To Set Up AOL Email On Ipad?
To Set up AOL email on iPad/iPhone is simple. Before starting, make sure you know the email address and the password of your AOL account. If you add it to the iPad or iPhone, the AOL email can be accessed in the Mail app.
This article will help you through the steps to set up your AOL email on iPad.
Adding AOL Email To iPad
The process for setting up an @aol.com email account to an iPad or iPhone is the same.
- Step 1:On your iPad, then tap the Settings app icon.
- Step 2:Swipe up and select Passwords & Accounts.
- Step 3:On earlier iOS versions, choose Mail instead.
- Step 4:Tap on Add Account under the Accounts section
- Step 5:Tap AOL as the account type
- Step 6:Now log in with your AOL email credentials.
- Step 7:Tap on the Save to add the AOL email address to the iPad.
- Step 8:Finally, you can open the Mail app, and your AOL email address can be accessed.
You can check emails and perform all other typical Mail app functions.
How to set up AOL email on iPad Manually?
- Step 1:On your iPad’s home screen, tap the Mail app and touch Mail, Contacts, Calendars in the sidebar.
- Step 2:Next tap Add Account.
- Step 3:In the latest iOS 11, go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords and tap Add Account.
- Step 4:Now AOL will be in the options list, and selecting it will lead to the automatic setup mode.
- Step 5:Tap on the Other option to enter the manual setup process.
- Step 6:On the next screen, tap on Add Mail Account.
- Step 7:Log in with your AOL account credentials. Once you are done, tap Next.
- Step 8:Choose your option, either IMAP or POP, on your iPad.
- Step 9:Enter the AOL incoming and outgoing mail server info.
For the Incoming Mail Server hostname: imap.aol.com
For the Outgoing Mail Server hostname: smtp.aol.com
You have to enter the full email address for both Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server.
- Step 10:Tap on the Next button; the AOL email server will verify your login password and other settings.
- Step 11:If nothing is wrong, then to set up AOL Email on iPad will be successfull.